Cable rack?

crelf

Hi All, I'm lookking for something (it's name escapes me for the moment) that holds cables - I used to have one at a previous employer: it's a rack that attaches to the wall and you can hang your RS-232 cables on it, as well as your 1m power leads, and your banana plug patch cables, etc. Anyone know what this is called? Better yet, anyone know of a type they use and like? Even better yet, anyone got a couple that they don't need anymore? :)

cheers

crelf

-edit

Found one!

QUOTE(T_Schott @ Feb 22 2008, 11:42 AM)

crelf: this one has the advantage of being adjustable, but stiff lamelles. with the simple rack, one always has problem fitting sma or smb connectors. however, much cheaper and easy to bend the lamelles (usefull to force entry... ;) ).

note: i would never had expected a forum topic about rack fittings... :D LAVA is great!!

I'm used to seeing cheap ones like This for $12-$13 USD

As a side note, I never thought of the word origin of "rack" possibly being from the German "rake" (or vice versa). If that's the case, the shape of a typical cable rack does look like an upturned leaf rake...

QUOTE(orko @ Feb 22 2008, 07:14 PM)

As a side note, I never thought of the word origin of "rack" possibly being from the German "rake" (or vice versa). If that's the case, the shape of a typical cable rack does look like an upturned leaf rake...

the german word for a leaf rake is "laub rechen"

and i think a cable rack looks like an upturned leaf rake (ask for a rake at home depot ;) )