Mouse Jiggler

crelf

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 22 2008, 09:48 AM)

One of the original hardware approaches was "let your mouse dangle from the side of the table and aim a fan at it" :D

I suppose you could duct-tape a real mouse to it...you would just have to search for it when you returned to your desk.

I had Just the opposite problem a number of years back--

I was field testing wind turbines using a MAC based LabVIEW DAS system in the back of a Box Van out in the field. In the shop the DAS worked fine, In the field on calm days, the DAS worked fine. When the wind was blowing to beat the band, and when I really needed the DAS to keep up with the data, it quickly got further and further behind until buffers overflowed...

Evenually figured out that the Mac was getting all in a tizzy servicing mouse move interrupts because the truck was shaking enough in the wind that the mouse was jiggling on the desk. (Or, to be more precise, the desk was jiggling under the mouse.) The fix was simple, from time to time I still find myself following the old habit, and turning the mouse upside down when I'm not using it.

Regards, Louis