Labview 8.x.x Install Sizes

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Mar 3 2008, 04:11 PM)

Sometimes things get out of order (especially if someone replies while you're replying), so I thought I'd clarfiy :)

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Mar 3 2008, 04:11 PM)

...basically that this would be nice to optionnally be able to have a Runtime engine webinstall if the target machine does not have it already.

I agree that it'd be awesome, and not just for the RTE: it'd be great if I couldn't include links (automatically generated of course) to other components like drivers (from NI and otherwise).

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 3 2008, 04:33 PM)

Sometimes things get out of order (especially if someone replies while you're replying), so I thought I'd clarfiy :)

That's why I used to prefer the Outline mode, you could follow the topic graphically instead of scrolling up and down :P B/T/W I still get the Outline mode on my office PC using Internet Exploder 7. Outline mode is a bit dodgy, but I revert back to it when I have this sort of problem.

As a side note, NI isn't the only vendor with runtime size issues. I just set up a new PC and installed Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2. 30.8 MB for a "reader"?! Why don't we hear more complaints about that?

QUOTE(Phillip Brooks @ Mar 4 2008, 01:32 PM)

Because some of us use http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php' target="_blank">Foxit?

It may not have all of Acrobat's features, but it's 5 MB for a single executable file and you can load it, read your document and close it in the same time it takes Acrobat just to load and ask you if you want to download updates. :thumbup:

To be fair to Adobe, I haven't tried the latest versions of Acrobat, so they might have made it faster.

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Mar 3 2008, 01:08 PM)

The language part is not 30 MB, I have never looked into it but some countries/industries/people really rely on own-language apps.

5 MB each for English, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Korean