Save XControl data to disk method

As a LabVIEW developer, I try to store user settings to disc (a usefull tool from i2dx is here).

If I use XControls I have no direct access over the contents of the Variant data that is stored inside the VI.

If the XControl developer has exported all the possible changes and properties of all it's sub-types as XControl Properties, I could save and reload.

It would be nice if there was an XControl method that would export the local data to a variant thould could be stored to disc. This could be prohibited by a setting in the .xctl file.

Any thougths?

Ton

• 2 years later...

I realize this is a very old post, but are you aware of the optional Convert State for Save ability? I recently needed it, so I stumbled across this post in my search for it. Convert State for Save stuffs the State Data into a Variant indicator that gets embedded into the caller VI's data when the caller leaves memory. You handle the Variant in the Init ability by populating the state according to which elements of the state you stuffed into the variant. I could only find good information on this in the Advanced Architectures in LabVIEW course by VITech.

Sorry, I need to see what's one better than "One Hit Wonder!"

FAIL!

• Like 1