LabVIEW GUI and Remote Desktop on Windows 2003

Hello,

I experience following problem when running a LabVIEW (8.5) executable as Service on a Windows 2003 Server:

1) when I logon via remote desktop I do not get the user interface (yes service is configurred to interact with Dekstop). However the service is running because i can see the process running in Task Manager. I have not found a way to get the user interface.. Even restarting the server under this session doesn't work.

2) when I logon locally (i.e. Windows 2003 Server PC) with the same user account I do indeed get the user interface of the LabVIEW service.

I think LabVIEW is confussed by the remote desktop session on Windows 2003 (you can have multiple sessions with same user if you logon from another PC).

Does anybody knows how to solve this?

O yes: I use AnyServe to start LabVIEW.exe as service, I'm trying to change the LV executable (using system calls - server toolkit) to act as a real service to check if the problem dissapears..

AutoLogon is not a good option to run my LabVIEW executable (quite hard to do on a server, it requires registry hacking).

Thanks and best regards,

Donald

Try logging into the 2003 server by setting remote desktop in consolre mode:

You start remote desktop in this mode by running: MSTSC /CONSOLE

This will allow you to log into the existing active session.

QUOTE(Donald @ Feb 29 2008, 01:12 PM)

Hello,

I experience following problem when running a LabVIEW (8.5) executable as Service on a Windows 2003 Server:

1) when I logon via remote desktop I do not get the user interface (yes service is configurred to interact with Dekstop). However the service is running because i can see the process running in Task Manager. I have not found a way to get the user interface.. Even restarting the server under this session doesn't work.

2) when I logon locally (i.e. Windows 2003 Server PC) with the same user account I do indeed get the user interface of the LabVIEW service.

I think LabVIEW is confussed by the remote desktop session on Windows 2003 (you can have multiple sessions with same user if you logon from another PC).

Does anybody knows how to solve this?

O yes: I use AnyServe to start LabVIEW.exe as service, I'm trying to change the LV executable (using system calls - server toolkit) to act as a real service to check if the problem dissapears..

AutoLogon is not a good option to run my LabVIEW executable (quite hard to do on a server, it requires registry hacking).

Thanks and best regards,

Donald