Simulated devices

arx7

Hi everyone,

I have been learning Labview for about two months and I'm using Labview 6.1 Full Development now, but I don't have any DAQ hardware in my hand. I learned that LabView could add simulated devices to the system, but i don't how to.

My question is: Can Labview 6.1 Full Development add simulated devices to the system? If not, which edition should I use?

Thank you.

PS: It's my first time to post in English... I'm sorry if there are mistakes...

QUOTE(arx7 @ Mar 7 2008, 03:37 AM)

Hi everyone,

I have been learning Labview for about two months and I'm using Labview 6.1 Full Development now, but I don't have any DAQ hardware in my hand. I learned that LabView could add simulated devices to the system, but i don't how to.

My question is: Can Labview 6.1 Full Development add simulated devices to the system? If not, which edition should I use?

Thank you.

PS: It's my first time to post in English... I'm sorry if there are mistakes...

Hi arx7,

welcome!

Do you know what daq you will be using?

Since you have LabVIEW 6.1 you won't have the ease of DAQmx (a daq driver) which can give you simulated devices.

I don't think LabVIEW can add simulated devices, but you could write function that return a signal similar to the one from a simulate device.

I mostly use simulated devices for checking the settings of my program (timing, triggering and synchronization), if you're not interested in those you can just make your own simple functions instead.

Ton

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Mar 7 2008, 05:29 AM)

QUOTE(T_Schott @ Mar 7 2008, 11:12 AM)

Hi,

in newer DAQmx Versions (since vers. 8 - I think) you can add simulated daq cards to your device manager.

perhaps you can do that in labview using the MAX API - but i think that s not what you want to do.

you have to check if you can use daqmx with
LV

-timo

QUOTE(jg69 @ Mar 7 2008, 10:27 PM)

Hi

what you've heard about "simulated devices" is only possible with the DAQmx driver, however, that driver is not working with LV6.1.

You have to have at least LV7.0 in order to get access to DAQmx.

Jens

Thank you for your replies.

Since I only have LabVIEW 6.1 in my hand, it's not possible to using the DAQmx driver. I will write some functions to generate signals in stead of the simulated device.

Thank you very much!

-ARX7