Conditional disable symbols for My Computer

We have just started changing over to MS Office 2007 and have found some problems using current VI's with the new Excel 2007 API. Specifically, some parameter lists have changed which breaks my VI's. My problem is that not all LV developers are changing Office versions at the same time. Conditional disable structures look like a good way to deal with this as I can call the Excel API version I need based on conditional symbols.

My question is, can I add symbols to the Conditional Disable Symbols list for My Computer? It currently shows CPU and OS symbols, it would be nice if I could add Office or Excel version to the list. :unsure:

QUOTE(Lars915 @ Mar 7 2008, 09:10 AM)

My question is, can I add symbols to the Conditional Disable Symbols list for My Computer?

Absolutely - you can add whatever you like. Then, when building, you can crete two separate builds, each based on the different conditional disable.

QUOTE(JDave @ Mar 8 2008, 09:03 PM)

If you want it to automatically detect what version of Office or Excel you have on the computer and operate accordingly, then the answer is no. It looks like you need to write a VI to determine what version of Office you are running, and then set some flag (in a http://wiki.lavag.org/Functional_global_variable' target="_blank">Functional Global, or Global Variable etc.). In your code that accessed the Excel API you change your behavior based on that flag.

If you want to build two different versions to distribute to different people, then crelf's suggestion would work well.

David

That's kinda what I figured. The list under My Computer isn't too promising.

Thanks for the replies!