LVDS Acquisition 72-channels

b2000

I'm looking for a PXI-card solution to sample 72-channels of LVDS at 2MHz, total acqusition time 1-second. So far I have found the GeoTest GX5282, with 32-channels per card, and the NI-PXI-6561 with 16-channels per card. Can anyone comment on either of these cards or recommend other solutions ? Sychronisation performance, ease of use, overall costs ? Specs attached.

• 2 months later...

QUOTE (b2000 @ Mar 17 2008, 06:16 AM)

I'm looking for a PXI-card solution to sample 72-channels of LVDS at 2MHz, total acqusition time 1-second. So far I have found the GeoTest GX5282, with 32-channels per card, and the NI-PXI-6561 with 16-channels per card. Can anyone comment on either of these cards or recommend other solutions ? Sychronisation performance, ease of use, overall costs ? Specs attached.

Hi b200,

Can you explain more about your project overall? I assume the 72ch LVDS is just a small portion of your overall project (or what could become your overall project in the future), and typically see this used for semiconductor or auto (ECU) testing. From my experience, (in a decently unbiased opinion...you are on the LAVA forums ;) ) if you are looking for low cost, simple use case, Geotest may be better initially. Having said that, advantages of NI: TCLK (pico-second synchronization using TCLK w/ HSDIO boards (6561), PXI architechture and fluent integration with any other / future NI products you may be thinking about using, amazing field support and application engineering support when you have problems (problems = lost $, so having good support can prove worthwhile when you get in a bind). Lastly, ni has tons of webcasts and material on their website to help you get started & learn to program w/ HSDIO (driver for 6561) and LabVIEW. I can't really comment on the good/bads of geotest or their programming style or environments.

Hope this helps!

• 9 months later...

QUOTE (b2000 @ Mar 17 2008, 12:16 PM)

Hi,

You can have a look at the SMT700 ( http://www.sundance.com/web/files/productp...TRFilter=SMT700 ). It is a 3U PXI Express card offering a Virtex-5 FPGA device with large DDR2 SDRAM memory banks and an LVDS interface for SLB FPGA mezzanine cards. I would advise you to contact our team for more information: sales@sundance.com A solution may be that you design your own multi-channel ADC SLB FPGA mezzanine card.