question: selection from a list

Hi all,

I created a list and I connected to some subvi, and the problem I have is that I cannot select any item on that list while not in edit mode. When I am in edit mode I can select any item without any problems.

The way I created the list, is simply by adding it and editing the list items and connecting it to the subVi. I made sure that it is marked as "active" under properties. If I provided to little info on my problem, then please let me know.

Here is a screenshot of the list.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

I agree with Mr. Sweeny that you are missing a sort of "get user input" method. My suggestion would be to consider an Event Structure that would trigger on a "value change" of the listbox.

However, I did notice that you have an array output from your listbox, indicating "multiple selection". This would be a little trickier to implement. If I may, I would like to have more detail on how you handle the list. If you have no need for "multiple selection", I would suggest changing the listbox to "0 or 1 Item" selection mode.

have a nice day,

--H