Making same choice on multiples property node

gosor

It would be usefull to group multiple property nodes and have the possibility to configure all of them with the same parameters by only one action.

Same idea for creating references to multiples objects.

It is really boring to have to pick up all of them one by one and cascade right clicks.

I'm not sure what you want. Could you be more specific? If you are expecting to invoke methods or change properties throughout your code call all of the references at the beginning of your code, bundle them into a cluster and pass the data through iterations of your code with a shift register. If you want to perform the same operation on numerous references, many properties (visible, disabled) can be changed as a more generic class. Simply unbundle the references from the cluster, build an array with them and perform the same operation on them with a property node inside a For Loop.

QUOTE (gosor @ Mar 20 2008, 07:51 AM)

It would be usefull to group multiple property nodes and have the possibility to configure all of them with the same parameters by only one action.

Same idea for creating references to multiples objects.

It is really boring to have to pick up all of them one by one and cascade right clicks.

I believe you are asking for more 'Group Editing' options. There is a little bit of this, but it is limited to font changes and alignment/distribution. It would be REALLY nice to be able to select a group of objects and have the right-click menu give me a list of changes and actions that are common to the group.

CITATION(JDave @ Mar 20 2008, 05:37 PM)

I believe you are asking for more 'Group Editing' options. There is a little bit of this, but it is limited to font changes and alignment/distribution. It would be REALLY nice to be able to select a group of objects and have the right-click menu give me a list of changes and actions that are common to the group.

It IS exactly the point. I can't believe i am the only one to think it is some of most tedious things to do with LV.

QUOTE (gosor @ Mar 21 2008, 05:20 AM)

It IS exactly the point. I can't believe i am the only one to think it is some of most tedious things to do with LV.

Oh, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one. In fact, not that I've seen the customer feedback data or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if NI were working on something exactly like this for an upcomming release. :-)

QUOTE (gosor @ Mar 21 2008, 03:20 AM)

Nope, not the only one. This has been discussed a fair amount already in the forums. Oh, and yes... I'm excited that there is a "rustling in the wind" that may indicate we could see something like this coming soon.