Staying organized and remembering all those thing tha...

I have a VERY hard time remembering things that I say I'm going to do or things I tell others I'll do.

Out of sight, out of mind is an understatement for me. I'm one of the biggest scatterbrains around

www.Jott.com

Here comes the cool part.

FREE VOICE TRANSCRIBED NOTES W/ SMS AND E-MAIL REMINDERS through a 1-800 number

So lets say you're walking down the hall at work and you think about doing something. You can spend the next 3 minutes trying to make sure you remember and forget the minute someone walks up to you and talks about something else

or you simply hit the speed dial number to Jott on your phone (#9 works for me), it goes beep and you leave a voice message and later you go online and you can browse your Jotts.

Or if you want you can set a reminder after you make the jott on the phone and you'll get an SMS and an e-mail when the reminder is set for.

AND to top it all off, they have links through Jott to other services like Google Calendar and where your transcribed message ends up in a calendar or other service.

THIS HAS CHANGED MY LIFE.

I am FINALLY remembering things that I'm supposed to be doing.

And if you don't believe me, simply look @ the image below.

post-208-1206112696.png?width=400

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Mar 21 2008, 11:35 AM)

It only took a minute to set it up and it could not be any easier to use. I'm just a little skeptical of anything that's "free".

Don't be skeptical, just accept the fact that at some point the company will have to figure out a monetization model. However it's possible to use advertizing to fund the service and keep it free. It depends. We all use tons of Google tools in our daily lives and it's still free for me. Even if Google charges me at some point, i've had so many years of using a great product that I won't regret it.

I'm glad that you mentioned Google Mike.

Although you can setup reminders on Jott along w/ the message, if it is an appointment you're trying to remember, I would strongly recommend setting up a Google Calendar and linking Jott to it.

Because of the SMS reminder ability and plain text quick add in GCal, Jott links almost seamlessly in setting up appointments and will parse out the needed parts in your plain text Jott.

I could go on, but just check out the links section on jott then go to Google calendar link.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Mar 21 2008, 05:24 PM)

Don't be skeptical ...

I'm not anymore. I dug into Jott last night and they have plenty of support from some big money companies. One in particular is Amazon, and I shop quite often there. You can Jott Amazon, name a product or title, then Amazon will send you an email with the top 5-10 matches with availability and price. Sometimes I'll be listening to my XM and I'll hear someone I want to hear more of ... I can just Jott Amazon with the artist and an email will be waiting for me when I get home. That sounds really cool.