digital output DAQ

sara

quick note, only make 1 post in the forums and not duplicates

Also if an input to a VI is an array and you only want to change 1 value, you can always use the build array primitive in the array pallette and it will turn your 1 element into a 1 element array.

There are many other points w/ regards to this about how to only change 1 bit, but that will focus around making a task or channel in MAX.

Try the build array primitive and then try to work w/ making the DAQ task only change a line rather than a whole port.

QUOTE (Norm Kirchner @ Mar 28 2008, 01:16 AM)

quick note, only make 1 post in the forums and not duplicates

Also if an input to a VI is an array and you only want to change 1 value, you can always use the build array primitive in the array pallette and it will turn your 1 element into a 1 element array.

There are many other points w/ regards to this about how to only change 1 bit, but that will focus around making a task or channel in MAX.

Try the build array primitive and then try to work w/ making the DAQ task only change a line rather than a whole port.

Actully me and sara are in the same team project and we decided to post this question in forum and both of us (by chance) post this question... however I don't know where is the problem if the question was asked in more than forum....

Conversely I think that benefit will be more...

but thanks for ur reply

QUOTE (sara @ Mar 27 2008, 01:15 PM)

QUOTE (yasmeen85 @ Mar 27 2008, 04:04 PM)

Actully me and sara are in the same team project and we decided to post this question in forum and both of us (by chance) post this question... however I don't know where is the problem if the question was asked in more than forum....

Conversely I think that benefit will be more...

but thanks for ur reply

I would reccomend that you both read the guidelines of this forum. Especially the section on homework hustling. We are all excited to help people with their LabVIEW problems and see the LabVIEW community grow as more people learn the software. I don't even have a problem helping students with their projects if that help is in the form of hints or tips to get them through a tricky part of the project that they have shown an effort to resolve on their own before posting here, but no one want to do your homework for you.

QUOTE (TobyD @ Mar 28 2008, 08:00 PM)

I would reccomend that you both read the http://wiki.lavag.org/Forum_Guidelines' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">guidelines of this forum. Especially the section on homework hustling. We are all excited to help people with their LabVIEW problems and see the LabVIEW community grow as more people learn the software. I don't even have a problem helping students with their projects if that help is in the form of hints or tips to get them through a tricky part of the project that they have shown an effort to resolve on their own before posting here, but no one want to do your homework for you.

I don't know why you thought that we are of kind "homework hustlers", as I told before this happened by chance not more...

We didn't try to "get an easy solution to a school assignment or do not try to put any effort on our own to solve the school assignment and want other forum members to give us the answer or solution to tour problem"...

We search before posting any question and when we ask we didn't expect to give us the whole or exact solution, we just need to guide us not more...

and thanks for all for the help and guiding....

QUOTE (Norm Kirchner @ Mar 28 2008, 02:43 PM)

here here,

good grief you guys. lighten up.

The only reason I said anything is because I figured they just didn't know.

Back on topic. How goes the digital generation?

I think the reminders were more for me Norm, not you.

I want to apologize to Sara and Yasmeen. I probably was a little harsh, but my intent was really not to chastize, belittle, or offend. My point (although it didn't come across clearly) was that questions should be posed in such a way as to let others know that some thought has been put into them. Things such as...

-What have you already tried

-Screenshots and/or code

-Ideas that you have but can't quite figure out how to implement

Toby