Alfa String

alfa

My wife made two loaves of bread last night with chocolate chips in them. But despite thorough mixing, approximately 80% of the chips ended up in one loaf. :blink:

I am concerned that this means the entropy of the universe may be decreasing and THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS HAS BEEN REPEALED. :oops:

How big a problem is this?

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jul 11 2008, 06:13 PM)

I am concerned that this means the entropy of the universe may be decreasing and THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS HAS BEEN REPEALED.

Not at all - it just means that she didn't bake them for long enough - you're suggesting that the loaves of bread are the "system", whereas it could be much much larger than that :D I suggest she bake a loaf for an infinite amount of time and then we'll look at the results...

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 11 2008, 03:53 PM)

Not at all - it just means that she didn't bake them for long enough - you're suggesting that the loaves of bread are the "system", whereas it could be much much larger than that :D I suggest she bake a loaf for an infinite amount of time and then we'll look at the results...

But the bread is sooooo tasty. I hope the universe survives long enough for me to eat it.

QUOTE (JDave @ May 15 2008, 11:50 AM)

1. I have read a definition of atheism and find it plausible.

2. I have met atheists.

For these reasons, I believe atheism exists. :-)

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jul 11 2008, 05:13 PM)

My wife made two loaves of bread last night with chocolate chips in them. But despite thorough mixing,
approximately 80% of the chips ended up in one loaf.
:blink:

I am concerned that this means the entropy of the universe may be decreasing and
THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS HAS BEEN REPEALED.
:oops:

Occam's razor suggests a simpler explanation: you have highly magnetic chips in the bread. Be careful biting into those loaves.

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jul 12 2008, 01:13 AM)

How big a problem is this?

Does "uh-oh" cover it or should we also make a really worried face? :o

By the way, am I the only one who finds bread with chocolate chips to be a weird concept? Isn't that what you have cakes for?

QUOTE (Yair @ Jul 12 2008, 03:52 PM)

By the way, am I the only one who finds bread with chocolate chips to be a weird concept? Isn't that what you have cakes for?

No, I found the idea weird too, until I tried a recipe. For those of us that Really like chocolate, why mess it up with all the sugar and other unhealthy stuff that goes into a cake. Just good healthy wheat bread-- With a lot of bittersweet chocolate. :wub:

Louis

QUOTE (Yair @ Jul 12 2008, 03:52 PM)

My favorite breakfast food when I was in Paris was "pain au chocolat" (bread with chocolate)!

Here is what somebody wrote:

"Here is the demonstration of a so called Kiai master 'Yanagiryuken'

[/url]

In the video he takes to the ground tens of is students without even touching them!!

He trust his powers so much that he offered U$S 10.000 to anyone who could defeat him in a fight.

A mma fighter (UFC style) accepted the challenge...

Here is the video of the fight!

[/url]

LOL. after seeing this video all i can think is, he really believed he has the powers! You cant be so stupid to know you are lying and challenge a real fighter!

What amaze me are his students! Is auto-suggestion the real force behind the Chi?

I think the relationships Student Teachers it's like the emperor clothes....."