Autoloading VI in cRIO 9012

Hey guys,

I've been programming on a compact RIO 9012 for a while and basically have my code 100% at what i need to do. What i've noticed is if i run the VI from my computer(the VI is loaded on the FPGA) i can then disconnect my computer and have the RIO function as the code is programmed. But if i reboot the RIO the code does not start up(or is ereased from memory, not sure) How can i make it so that every time i turn on the compact rio, it runs the code even if there is no computer connected to the RIO

-Mike

Hi Mike,

To achieve this, you must set your application as the startup in the project.

Open contextual menus using the right mouse button on the name that corresponds to your executable in Building Specification, and you will find an entry corresponding to Set as startup ... If setted, the application will restart automatically whenever the cRIO is switched on or reset!

Osvaldo

QUOTE (MeltingPlastic @ Apr 8 2008, 02:51 AM)

Hey guys,

I've been programming on a compact RIO 9012 for a while and basically have my code 100% at what i need to do. What i've noticed is if i run the VI from my computer(the VI is loaded on the FPGA) i can then disconnect my computer and have the RIO function as the code is programmed. But if i reboot the RIO the code does not start up(or is ereased from memory, not sure) How can i make it so that every time i turn on the compact rio, it runs the code even if there is no computer connected to the RIO

-Mike