wizard data property

tushar

QUOTE (tushar @ Apr 13 2008, 06:29 AM)

Does anybody know what does wizrd data property of tab control do?

Hmm, how did you get at that in LabVIEW 8.0? As your post indicates in this forum you seem to be aware that it is a private property and as far as I know you shouldn't be able to see that in the normal popup menu.

As far as I know this is a data storage that is used for the LabVIEW Wizard like features such as what the user access control for front panel controls does (you get that as part of the DSC Toolkit). Basically Wizards are configuration tools that get installed in the right click popup of controls for specific data types. Those Wizards rovide a user configurable dialog that allows some configuration and then store that data in this property to be stored to disc with the control. The data contains both the information for what methods to invoke on specific events as well as the Wizard specific custom data to be used by these methods.

An interesting feature but complentely undocumented as far as I know, both in terms of how to install the Wizard configuration dialog in the popup menu as well as how the data needs to be formatted correctly.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (rolfk @ Apr 14 2008, 11:03 AM)

Hmm, how did you get at that in LabVIEW 8.0? As your post indicates in this forum you seem to be aware that it is a private property and as far as I know you shouldn't be able to see that in the normal popup menu.

If memory serves, some of the private properties still appear in the lists when using the INI keys from 7.x.