DC Bias Control Input

Ok,

So I am a little confused here. My assignment is to gnerate a randome number that is used to"emulate" noise and is sumperimposed on a constant DC bias, then use a boolean switch to remove the random noise component. Then obtain the time each data point is acquired ib the loop as refernec from an ainitial time stamp when the program is started.

There is much more to the asignment...arrays and etc which I think I can handle, and I have made a certain amount of effort.

I went to inputs-> simulate signal -> DC bias. I have already guessed "add noise" and I picked uniform random noise generator. But, I do not know how to turn this off with a boolean swtich. What I am guessing he wants is for the signal to be hooked up to a random noise generator nad controlled by a boolean switch. Thing is, on that "simulate signal" function, i do not see any inputs besides "seed number", "error in" "offset" "noise amplitude" -I guess that could come in handy because there is a "end the loop when the voltage exceeds 5 volts", so I don't know how to control exactly what goes in. I had sucess on adding the noise to the indicator on the front panel, but the boolean switch does nothing.

Also, How am I supposed to collect time stamps and put it into an array (collecting the time plots along the x-axis) or the interation of when the program has been running to when a data point was collected.

Hopefully you can see I am making the effort, I am just lost and need a little guidance.

Thanks =)