Conditional Disable in build settings

I can't upload my example. But on option is to execute the build spec(s) programmatically using a pre-processing VI.

Using the Project API you can obtain the project root refnum using the Project::Root property node which feeds the Project::SetTag invoke node.

For Project::SetTag invoke node inputs:

TagName = "CCSymbols"

Value = A semicolon separated string in the form "SYMBOL_1,VALUE;SYMBOL_2,VALUE;SYMBOL_n,VALUE" (e.g. "DEBUG,F;SIMULATE_A429,T")

Hope this helps... I'll try to post an example after work.

~Dan

QUOTE (tcplomp @ Apr 15 2008, 10:47 PM)

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but when I switch between conditionals, I right-click the project in the "Project Explorer" window and select "Properties..."

In the "Conditional Disable Symbols" section, the only options I see are "Add" and "Remove Selected Items". So far, my only solution is to first remove my symbol, then re-Add it with a new value.

Is there a cleaner way to change Symbols in a project? That would surely make my day.

Cheers,

-H

Just click at the particular entry and change it (as shown in the picture)

post-17453-127303794937_thumb.jpg

I can't upload my example. But on option is to execute the build spec(s) programmatically using a pre-processing VI.

Using the Project API you can obtain the project root refnum using the Project::Root property node which feeds the Project::SetTag invoke node.

For Project::SetTag invoke node inputs:

TagName = "CCSymbols"

Value = A semicolon separated string in the form "SYMBOL_1,VALUE;SYMBOL_2,VALUE;SYMBOL_n,VALUE" (e.g. "DEBUG,F;SIMULATE_A429,T")

Hope this helps... I'll try to post an example after work.

~Dan

Here's the example code for setting the CCSymbols programmatically.

CCExample.zip

• Like 2
  • 6 years later...