cluster

reem

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 17 2008, 01:12 PM)

Hi everyone,

i'm working on a project with labview 8; i have to use cluster in it..

the problem is that it appears as an empty box ,how can i program the cluster??

(program cluster in such a way it accepts 2 or 3 variables)

thank you,

When you create a cluster it is indeed an "empty box", then just beside, create whatever controls you need (2 numerics, 1 boolean, 3 path, etc) and drag and drop these controls into the "empty box".

Hope this helps

QUOTE (TiT @ Apr 17 2008, 04:18 PM)

When you create a cluster it is indeed an "empty box", then just beside, create whatever controls you need (2 numerics, 1 boolean, 3 path, etc) and drag and drop these controls into the "empty box".

Hope this helps

Thanks for ur quick replay Antonie and Richard,

i tried what u said , but is numeric, boolian, path are the only ones i can drag and add to cluster?

if i want to adjust gain (for.ex..mode 0) , sampling rate and port no. from the cluster what should i add to that cluster??

hope my question is clear enough...

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 17 2008, 08:26 AM)

i tried what u said , but is numeric, boolian, path are the only ones i can drag and add to cluster?

My mantra is "try it and see; if it doesn't work, Ctrl-Z"

Sampling rate, Port Number, and Gain all seem like standard controls that could be included in a cluster. I suspect you may be on the wrong path about what controls are. Maybe a little clarification (or a picture) would help.

8D

QUOTE (Doon @ Apr 17 2008, 07:34 PM)

Sampling rate, Port Number, and Gain all seem like standard controls that could be included in a cluster. I suspect you may be on the wrong path about what controls are. Maybe a little clarification (or a picture) would help.

8D

yes it would help , and i'll be thankful Doon...

or ur going to tell me "try it and see; if it doesn't work, Ctrl-Z" ? :)

QUOTE (crelf @ Apr 17 2008, 09:12 PM)

Ummm, I think he was suggesting that you should show us a picture of what you're trying to do.

if i knew what i'm trying to do i woudn't ask in the first place :D

i just know that i want to add gain (for.ex..mode 0) , sampling rate and port no. to cluster as input!!

and the rest i leave it with professionals ..

post-11300-1208459527.jpg?width=400

QUOTE (JDave @ Apr 17 2008, 10:57 PM)

Thanks for the useful information David,
i have a manual but it's just introduction to labview, and in UAE there isn't any book about labview..

i'm trying to do some practice, but since i'm used to pictures and figures ,
its difficult to start :)

now i have added numeric for Gain and Sampling rate to the cluster, have i used correct controls?? for the port No. i do the same??

post-11300-1208459974.jpg?width=400

and other thing is that, for other control blocks as shown in picture above for "Get Waveform Attribute" there is input /output ports, but
for cluster there isn't any ..even when i add controls to it , so how can i connect it to other control blocks??

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 17 2008, 12:24 PM)

i have a manual but it's just introduction to labview

Oh, but you have sooo much more than that... you have LabVIEW installed. Which means that you have access to a TON of information in the help documents that the people at NI spent years producing. In the "Getting Started" window, there is actually a whole section devoted to people who are new to LabVIEW. That would be an excellent place to start. In fact, just searching for "cluster" in the help I found very detailed information about how to build one, step-by-step... in about 30 seconds.

If you really want to learn on a practical level, then your money would be well-spent on an introductory book (there are many available) or taking a Basics course.

I'll be honest with you. If you're having this much difficulty just in trying to figure out which datatypes you should have in your cluster, it will be a very painful process to learn the rest of what you need over the forums.

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 17 2008, 08:24 PM)

i have a manual but it's just introduction to labview, and in UAE there isn't any book about labview..

Google is your friend and the LabVIEW help is quite good. Search google for '3 hours LabVIEW' and '9 hours LabVIEW'.

now i have added numeric for Gain and Sampling rate to the cluster, have i used correct controls?? for the port No. i do the same??

Seems OK, I just can't see the datatype (float, integer).

The port number suggest you use the old(er) NI_DAQ device driver, is that correct? In that case you need a numeric, then right-click and select 'Data-Type->I32'.

and other thing is that, for other control blocks as shown in picture above for
"Get Waveform Attribute"
there is
input /output ports
, but

for cluster there isn't any ..even when i add controls to it , so how can i connect it to other control blocks??

Look for '(Un)Bundle by name'.

Ton

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 17 2008, 04:50 PM)

You don't assign a datatype to a cluster - a cluster is a group of datatypes which can be mixed.

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 17 2008, 04:50 PM)

signal taken from the body goes to DAQ card and from there to lab view to be sampled ,

displayed and to be sent to the internet via "web publishing tool".

Sounds like you're trying to do something quote ambitious for someone who hasn't programmed in LabVIEW before. Seriously: take some time now (I'm talking about at least a week, not just 3 hours) to learn LabVIEW basics. If you do that now then you'll save a *lot* of tome later. What you're trying to do now is learn the language based on a task - I'm suggesting that you need to learn a little about the language first. I noticed that this thread's subtitle is "URGENT!" - if you try to rush through this I garuntee that it won't end well...

You connected the cluster to the default value input of a primitive which retrieves a waveform attribute. If that's what you wanted to do, then you did it correctly (although you didn't give it a name or use a waveform).

If you want to build a waveform or get the data from it, there are other options in the waveform palette. You should really look at those tutorials and at the examples in the example finder (Help>>Find Examples).

QUOTE (Yen @ Apr 21 2008, 08:47 PM)

You connected the cluster to the default value input of a primitive which retrieves a waveform attribute. If that's what you wanted to do, then you did it correctly (although you didn't give it a name or use a waveform).

If you want to build a waveform or get the data from it, there are other options in the waveform palette. You should really look at those tutorials and at the examples in the example finder (Help>>Find Examples).

yes, there is going to be a waveform connecteg to "get waveform" , this was just a small part of it...

thanks for the reply and help :)

hi ..

for the connection of cluster-bundle...do i have to input anything to bundle for sampling rate and gain mode selection?? (see picture )

if yes can u please let me know what to use??

(the bundle i have selected has there controls from cluster: gain/ sampling rate/ port.no from DAQ card)

post-11300-1208849827.jpg?width=400

is my question clear?? :unsure:

by the way..do i neee a seperate while loop for DAQ card??

Thanks,

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 22 2008, 09:33 AM)

is my question clear?? :unsure:

by the way..do i neee a seperate while loop for DAQ card??

Thanks,

I believe I got your question:

Do I have to provide all inputs with a 'bundle' primitive.

The answer is no.

However I would suggest a 'bundle by name' primitive.

Ton