identify plot in multiplot graph

Hello,

I have a multiplot waveform graph and the user would like to identify one plot on it (for example, 1500 plots, one totally different then the others and the user wants to know which one it is). In an excel chart you can simply move your mouse over a plot an get the plot name. There is no such possibility in Labview, but is there anything else to identify a plot?

Thanks,

Rico

QUOTE (osiris81 @ Apr 17 2008, 03:24 PM)

Hello,

I have a multiplot waveform graph and the user would like to identify one plot on it (for example, 1500 plots, one totally different then the others and the user wants to know which one it is). In an excel chart you can simply move your mouse over a plot an get the plot name. There is no such possibility in Labview, but is there anything else to identify a plot?

Thanks,

Rico

Hello,

1500 plot on the same graph is quite a lot :blink:

Anyway... I think I would play with plot color, using a property node on the grap, you can select the plot you want by its index and then set its color (or line width, or else).

Hope this helps

QUOTE (orko @ Apr 17 2008, 03:42 PM)

Something besides color, point and line style? Or are you looking at specifically naming each plot as the user mouses over it? I haven't seen that done yet.

hello, yes, it should work the other way, I click on the graph and get the plot name. Normally, all plots have the same waveform (+ some noise) but some have a totally different and I should identify them. It would be easy to select them, if LabView's Graph would support something similar than the charts in Excel (or most graphs/charts do by just showing the name when the mouse is over the plot)

Hi Osiris,

for another project I coded a sub-VI that will give you the nearest data point for a given coordinate. So you make a mouseclick on the graph, close to the plot you're interested in, and the sub VI will give you X and Y value of the nearest data point plus the numer of the plot with this data point. This way you should be able to identify the strange graph. Sample is attached.

Have fun,

Guenther

Download File:post-3733-1208445785.vi

Download File:post-3733-1208445797.vi

@Guenther:

Your code works good, but I now found an even easier way, it is possible to use a cursor and set it to snap to all plots. So you can just move the cursor and it will snap to the nearest plot and show its name. Thanks anyway!

Download File:post-10515-1209047068.vi

Hi Osiris, hope this helps...

PS: Credits to Guenther for his use of "Invoke Node: Map Coords to XY"... I learned the hard way there was actually an easy way to do this (while formula node is nice, it took me quite some time to do the same trick!)