Looking for a way to search shared variables

Micael

Hi all,

I'm new to LAVA, and I am looking for a way to search shared variable nodes inside the VIs block diagrams, just the way you can search for all instances of a subVI by right-clicking on it or using Ctrl-F.

For instance I downloaded The "scripting tools" library, and it seems that it could be useful.

I someone has already done something similar, or has any suggestions, they will be welcome.

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my english).

Micaël.

QUOTE (Micael @ Apr 24 2008, 07:54 AM)

Hi all,

I'm new to LAVA, and I am looking for a way to search shared variable nodes inside the VIs block diagrams, just the way you can search for all instances of a subVI by right-clicking on it or using Ctrl-F.

For instance I downloaded The "scripting tools" library, and it seems that it could be useful.

I someone has already done something similar, or has any suggestions, they will be welcome.

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my english).

Micaël.

If you do a search Objects >>> Structures >>> Shared vaiables

you will get list of ALL of the shared variables.

I have not heard of any way to search for a specific shared variable. A number of the LabVIEW Champions have fed-back that this situation should be addressed.

Ben

QUOTE (neB @ Apr 24 2008, 02:09 PM)

If you do a search Objects >>> Structures >>> Shared vaiables

you will get list of ALL of the shared variables.

I have not heard of any way to search for a specific shared variable. A number of the LabVIEW Champions have fed-back that this situation should be addressed.

Ben

Thanks for your help. I managed to do a search for a specific variable using its connector name.

The problem is that I used the property node "App:All VIs in memory" to list the vis to search in, so I need to put the search VI inside the project where I want to find the variables.

Do you know a way to list all VIs in memory for my computer instead of the application?

Micaël.