Selective array building at structure tunnels

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ May 5 2008, 09:02 AM)

I like this idea. Along the same lines (or maybe this is hijacking), why does a 1D array always become a 2D on for loop borders? Why can't we concatenate a 1D array at the border. It seems that tunnel has the potential to do a lot more than it can right now in regards to array manipulation.

I can't se the picture of what you are talking about. What is wrong ?

regards

Bjarne

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ May 5 2008, 03:02 AM)

why does a 1D array always become a 2D on for loop borders? Why can't we concatenate a 1D array at the border. It seems that tunnel has the potential to do a lot more than it can right now in regards to array manipulation.

I also can't see a picture about what you're talking about, but I agree. If this is implimented, we need to consider making it obvious at the tunnel that this is happening (of course), and there's not much real estate on of those little nodes - it'll be quite a challenge for the NI design team :)

I love it!

A simple right-click:concatenate option on the exit tunnel (like the "build array" primative, which is basically the extra code you're trying to eliminate, right?) would be very nice here. I don't see why this would have to be limited to just 1D outputs though. I can see cases with 2D arrays inside a For loop where I would want to concatenate vs. build a 3D array as well.

I wanted something like this for a long time as well.

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ May 5 2008, 05:14 PM)

This should also work for strings :thumbup:

If you're refering to concatenating different strings into a single one, you can sort of do that - build them into an array and then concatenate the array:

Filter%20String.png