I think I'm in heaven...

Today, I am working from home. I have my Mac Pro laptop, a working wireless connection, a stack of peanut butter sandwiches, and a stable build of an unreleased version of LabVIEW. I am sitting under a shade tree in the back yard, on a low-80s degree day (Farenheit), with an ever-so-slight breeze, in a comfy chair. I have my shoes off and resting in the cool, green grass.

Honestly, I don't think paid work gets better than this.

QUOTE (crelf @ May 8 2008, 04:08 PM)

Where's your Shiner?

I have similar days - once I got sand in my laptop from sitting on the beach all day...

This thread reminds me of a poster from DEC that featured a guy sitting on a porch looking out over the ocean, his feet up on the railing next to the display of a VT-220 and keyborad in his lap. No need for a mouse they had not been invented.

I tried it out for myself a couple of years back. The results were carpel tunnel due to the poor ergonomics. :headbang:

Watch your wrist Stephen and enjoy it while you can. :thumbup:

Ben

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 8 2008, 12:47 PM)

Today, I am working from home. I have my Mac Pro laptop, a working wireless connection, a stack of peanut butter sandwiches, and a stable build of an unreleased version of LabVIEW. I am sitting under a shade tree in the back yard, on a low-80s degree day (Farenheit), with an ever-so-slight breeze, in a comfy chair. I have my shoes off and resting in the cool, green grass.

Honestly, I don't think paid work gets better than this.

I'm sitting in a 9'x10' "office" with carpeted walls in a climate controlled environment. The lights were all put into "summertime" mode a couple of days ago even though it's 45° and cloudy outside so I'm trying to adjust to the dim conditions. The eye-strain :blink: and headache were helped slightly by the Excedrin Migraine I took about an hour ago. I'm afraid people would complain if I tried to take my shoes off so I have avoided that. I ate frozen burritos for lunch and they are not settling very well. I do have a really nice computer w/24" widescreen monitor though.

I hope that helps your motivation a bit Shane :laugh:

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ May 8 2008, 04:14 PM)

:throwpc: Now that's just taunting us poor land bound folk. I work in a cube farm that could be generi-where since there are no windows.

Sigh.....

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 8 2008, 12:47 PM)

I have my Mac Pro laptop, a working wireless connection, a stack of peanut butter sandwiches, and a stable build of an unreleased version of LabVIEW. I am sitting under a shade tree in the back yard, on a low-80s degree day (Farenheit), with an ever-so-slight breeze, in a comfy chair. I have my shoes off and resting in the cool, green grass.

>open laptop

You open the laptop.

>attack LabVIEW

Three angry For Loops with uninitialized shift registers attack you out of nowhere and cast Insane Object spell.

>run away

You run from the battle, but now appear to not be in Heaven anymore...

>d

Entrance to Hades

You are outside a large gateway, on which is inscribed

Abandon every hope all ye who enter here!

The gate is open; through it you can see a desolation, with a pile of mangled bodies in one corner. Thousands of voices, lamenting some hideous fate, can be heard.

The way through the gate is barred by evil spirits, who jeer at your attempts to pass.

Your peanut butter sandwich has begun to glow very brightly...

>

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 8 2008, 09:47 PM)

Today, I am working from home. I have my Mac Pro laptop... and a stable build of an unreleased version of LabVIEW.

Did you get a mac at home so you would have a good excuse to every now and then test the macintosh build of LabVIEW at home ;)

Ah, I love working from home. (When I get the chance)

Although I'm a long way from that kind of comfort right now. Currently working on a very noisy, paint fume filled, and very chilly shop floor.

At least I managed to find a piece of NI packing foam to wire-tie to the stool I'm sitting on.