What does LabvIEW do when I click save all button

Hi,

When developing with large LVOOP projects or small LVOOP projects with lots of class dependencies clicking save all button (Save all this project) is disaterous. LabVIEW consumes tens of minutes on my dual core laptop doing something on a project that does not contain any changes. What does LabVIEW do when I click the save all button? Why does it actually do something even when nothing has changed. The same thing does not happen if I use Shift + Ctrl + S (Save all) instead.

The following screen capture is from my laptop when LabVIEW has been not responsive for the last 10 minutes. LabVIEW consumes all of the processor power of another processor. Luckily I've two of them and LabVIEW compiler is not multithreaded.

EDIT: Is this the same process that occurs when one tries to close LabVIEW OOP project and LabVIEW takes tens of minutes to close?

post-4014-1210584179.png?width=400

Hi Tomi

I've experiensed the same kind of effect, when I run a convert application from EndevoGOOP2 to EndevoGOOP3, the project I tried to convert took 65 hours, and it spend a couple of minutes each, when saving a modified dynamic dispatch VI.

I guess your Save All, is about to save that kind of VI...

I would start by right click on the classes one by one and select "Save All(this class)", and you could also try to open one class (.lvclass) at a time.

And then "Save All(this class)", this approach has help me a lot.

You could also try to remove all inheritance links among your classes, save all, and restore the inheritance.

Cheers,

Mikael