Base64 Encode/Decode VI?

I thought I had some encoding/decoding VIs at one time, but can't seem to find them now. I've done countless internet searches of LAVA and other sites and all I found were links that led to nowhere.

Does anybody have any base64 encoding/decoding VIs that they would like to share, or could point me to? I'm also looking for some various checksum VIs, but I haven't searched for them yet as they may be more readily available.

For some reason I can't get my OpenG commander to work on my work desktop. I don't know if our IT department has locked down programs from accessing the internet or FTP anymore. It used to work, but when I tried to use it today, it wouldn't work.

QUOTE (Bryan @ May 12 2008, 05:46 AM)

I thought I had some encoding/decoding VIs at one time, but can't seem to find them now. I've done countless internet searches of LAVA and other sites and all I found were links that led to nowhere.

Does anybody have any base64 encoding/decoding VIs that they would like to share, or could point me to? I'm also looking for some various checksum VIs, but I haven't searched for them yet as they may be more readily available.

For some reason I can't get my OpenG commander to work on my work desktop. I don't know if our IT department has locked down programs from accessing the internet or FTP anymore. It used to work, but when I tried to use it today, it wouldn't work.

I don't know if the SMTP package is included with your LabVIEW, but with my professional system it's at:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Utility\SMTP\smtpeml.llb\SMTP Email Base64 Encode.vi

Sorry guys... I've been out of the loop for a while.

On a personal note, I just recently completed Advanced I and II training and am awaiting my results on the CLAD (free at a NI seminar) and will hopefully be taking the CLD before next year.

QUOTE (Yen @ May 12 2008, 11:38 AM)

Oh yeah, that was when they did the comeback season in the 90's, when he was really really old... ;)

To be honest, it does kind of look like you. You didn't happen to paste your own head there, did you?

Old? I only turned 0x20 years old in March :P

I know it's off topic for this thread, but since I mentioned it in here, I figured I'd post an update.

I just got notification that I passed the CLAD exam! Woo hoo! I've been using LV since '99, so I should have been looking at CLD, but I took the free CLAD exam at a nearby seminar. I'm just happy that I finally have a bona-fide certification after wanting one for so long.

QUOTE (Bryan @ May 20 2008, 04:47 AM)

I know it's off topic for this thread, but since I mentioned it in here, I figured I'd post an update.

I just got notification that I passed the CLAD exam! Woo hoo! I've been using LV since '99, so I should have been looking at CLD, but I took the free CLAD exam at a nearby seminar. I'm just happy that I finally have a bona-fide certification after wanting one for so long.

Congratulations, Bryan! And, welcome to the club :thumbup:

Hello

Here is an LV7.0 version that I've modified a little. If I recall correctly the OpenG version I started with had issues with linefeeds, but maybe I misremember. I've used it extensively to read voice mails from Vonage. Sorry it's so messy, I kept meaning to tidy it up and then I moved the project to php! I've only tried the decode.

Good Luck

John