T&M DatabaseWizard

Hello,

I am new to LabVIEW and Databases and I am trying to evaluate T&M DatabaseWizard tool kit for LabVIEW (I downloaded the student version). But the help menu is not as explicit as I would like. So far I've been able to connect, write to and read data from a table in MS Access.

Now, I can not understand, exactly, how the TM_DBTLK_Express Update VI works. What I can understand from the help menu is: I have to select a column from the table and specify the criteria that the Update VI will use to search for, row by row (I GUESS). Data matching this criteria will be overwritten with a new value that I GUESS I have to specify in the Data In port of the Update VI.

BUT if I select (in the Criteria Menu) >= 41 and select the Input Data In to be 0, then EVERYTHING (the whole field) is overwritten with 0, but the field has values ranging from 5 to 41 and 333 :wacko:

Does anyone have experience working with this toolkit, and can give some advice?

There is an example in the help menu, but is not in english. Does anybody have the example or a tutorial or manual, in english?

Thank you, your help is very much appreciated.

searchInfo.

I doubt you'll find anyone here who uses it. Most people use NI's toolkit, their own solution or any of the free toolkits which are available online (e.g. LabSQL, the ADO toolkit).

In general, you can view the code generated by express VIs by right clicking the VI and selecting Open Front Panel. You should note, though, that the code might be messy (since it's automatically generated) or password protected.

QUOTE (Yen @ May 13 2008, 12:02 PM)

I doubt you'll find anyone here who uses it. Most people use NI's toolkit, their own solution or any of the free toolkits which are available online (e.g. LabSQL, the ADO toolkit).

In general, you can view the code generated by express VIs by right clicking the VI and selecting Open Front Panel. You should note, though, that the code might be messy (since it's automatically generated) or password protected.

Thank you anyway.

SearchInfo

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Let me start by apologizing for the missing help file in the English language, we have not yet distributed this. But if there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Since you have posted this question on Lava I will try to answer it in this forum.

The UPDATE command is responsbile for updating EACH ROW that meets the SPECIFICIED CRITERIA. So with UPDATE you can change one or multiple ROWS.

Your criteria specified can be based upon a COLUMN's value and (like an ID, temperature, etc.) and allows you to change anothers COLUMS value in the SAME ROW.

For example:

I would like to update the first 1000 measurements (Identity column) and change the value of the temperature measurement (temperture column).

Note: The criteria column and the column to be updated can be te same.

Regarding your problem of the toolkit updating all values instead of the filtered one's: I have not been able to reproduce this. So if would be helpfull if you can show me a screenshot of your Express VI configuration. Or maybe post the example code on this forum.

If you have any questions or remarks please ask (you can also find me at NIWEEK 2008).

Aartjan: Thank you for notifying me about this post! :)

Arnoud de Kuijper

T&M Solutions BV

Netherlands