Programmatic launch of compare VI's tool

Download LVDiff from sourceforge. I seem to remember that it was updated to LV 8.

Actually, I seem to remember that Jim worked on it, so I'm a bit surprised you guys don't use it on occasion. I know I do (mostly when I use my boss' computer and see that he has some modified VIs which he should not have touched and which he did not commit :P ).

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ May 13 2008, 08:04 PM)

Hello Michael,

Not often that I post and feel I can actually ofter something, but you might be interest in looking at OpenG forums compare to disk tool in this thread I proposed a fix for the compare to disk tool to get this it working in LabVIEW 8.x and posted an an working example it uses the file project\procmphier.llb\CMP compare two VIs.vi with the correct application contexts.

You can use this example and just replace the "disk version" with any Vi you want.

I am working on getting it to automatcially do compare with different ClearCase Version at the moment.

Thanks for the great site.. LAVA ROCKS !!

regards

Danny

QUOTE (MikaelH @ May 13 2008, 11:03 PM)

Cheers,

Mikael

Mikael I would be really interested in looking at how you have done this integration, but I do not have LabVIEW 8.5, it is possible for you to please post a LabVIEW 8.2.1 version, I would be very grateful

regards

Danny

QUOTE (MikaelH @ May 13 2008, 03:03 PM)

I tried this and it seems to do what I want. May I suggest this be added to the LAVA CR? It's pretty useful.

QUOTE (tcplomp @ May 19 2008, 11:32 PM)

post-2399-1211265124.png?width=400

Looks like it is what you need.

Ton

I haven't tried this but it appears to have what I want too, however I needed SVN integration (can't you read my mind?).

QUOTE (Christina Rogers @ May 13 2008, 12:59 PM)

Wow, this will do what I want too! Hmm, looks like NI has some code duplication here.

http://lavag.org/old_files/monthly_05_2008/post-2-1211312716.png' target="_blank">post-2-1211312716.png?width=400

• 7 months later...

Hello and thanks for the zip file. It works perfectly on my XP system but when I loaded it on my Vista system I ran into several file permission problems. I managed to get past the permission problems but when it launches it does not work properly. Instead it launches the main.vi but it does not run it. Any experience on how to configure it to run on Vista? Thanks again.

QUOTE (Yen @ May 14 2008, 05:50 PM)

's a link.

Hello and thanks for the zip file. It works perfectly on my XP system but when I loaded it on my Vista system I ran into several file permission problems. I managed to get past the permission problems but when it launches it does not work properly. Instead it launches the main.vi but it does not run it. Any experience on how to configure it to run on Vista? Thanks again.

QUOTE (Yen @ May 14 2008, 05:50 PM)

's a link.