Project corruption

I have my 8.5.1 lvproj files getting corrupted frequently. Now I am using XP under Fusion but I don't understand how that's impacting this directly. Normal shutdowns and such -- no system crashes -- but still at times (that I can't even predict) the lvproj file gets corrupted.

So two questions:

1. Anyone else seeing similar behavior and, if so, what seems to precipitate or ameliorate it?

2. Anyone know of any way to fix a corrupt 8.5.1 lvproj file?

QUOTE (Val Brown @ May 14 2008, 08:37 PM)

2. Anyone know of any way to fix a corrupt 8.5.1 lvproj file?

Val, what way do your lvproj files get corrupted? The project files are xml files and are rather easy to edit with a text or XML editor such as freely available Microsoft XML Notepad. One thing you can try to do is to remove the "items in memory" section from the lvproj file or if that doesn't help then all the dependencies.

ps Are you using LV Classes?

Tomi

QUOTE (Tomi Maila @ May 14 2008, 11:23 AM)

Val, what way do your lvproj files get corrupted? The project files are xml files and are rather easy to edit with a text or XML editor such as freely available Microsoft XML Notepad. One thing you can try to do is to remove the "items in memory" section from the lvproj file or if that doesn't help then all the dependencies.

ps Are you using LV Classes?

Tomi

Thanks for the reply. I can't say precisely in what way they're getting corrupted. All I know is that I go to open the project (either double-clicking on its icon or starting up LV and then using File/Open...) and I get back the message that the project file is corrupted. Yes, I'm aware that they are XML and I can certainly open them even in regular Notepad but I didn't want to do any particular editing as I wasn't at all clear what to change. I'll give a try to removing the items in memory section.

No, I'm not using LV Classes.