Chuck Norris Rocks!

crelf

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ May 15 2008, 09:59 AM)

You had that hanging over your bed?

QUOTE (orko @ May 15 2008, 10:30 AM)

:blink:

...I'm sure I don't want to know where his "ouzies" are.

PS. Yeah, I liked him too. Almost as much as I liked

post-3266-1210840200.gif?width=400

BA rocks! my nick somewhere is Mr T.

Pronounce ouzie. I think it's a gun (invented in Israel?)

I can't find a Wikipedia entrance.

Ton

QUOTE (tcplomp @ May 15 2008, 06:02 PM)

You had that hanging over your bed?

I am not embarrased to say I had this in my room as a kid

...ok wait... maybe I am! :blink:

PS - for some strange reason I just couldn't throw it out - the force of chuck?

QUOTE (shoneill @ May 15 2008, 06:34 AM)

[Old memory awakened]

The two words "Greece" and "Ouzo" remind me of a Med-cruise when I learned that "alcohol poisoning" was a reality.

Trivia:

"Pepsi" (not the diet stuff) in an emergency can be used to help a person accelerate the passing of toxics from the body.

Warning:

Do NOT try this trick at home! The people involved in this memory were professional sailors and trained for this work.

Ben

QUOTE (neB @ May 15 2008, 01:49 PM)

[Old memory awakened]

The two words "Greece" and "Ouzo" remind me of a Med-cruise when I learned that "alcohol poisoning" was a reality.

Trivia:

"Pepsi" (not the diet stuff) in an emergency can be used to help a person accelerate the passing of toxics from the body.

Warning:

Do NOT try this trick at home! The people involved in this memory were professional sailors and trained for this work.

Ben

Well I'd love to try that at home, but you didn't actually say what it WAS...... Tune in next week?

Shane.

QUOTE (shoneill @ May 15 2008, 09:00 AM)

Well I'd love to try that at home, but you didn't actually say what it WAS...... Tune in next week?

Shane.

Details! :headbang:

A single person drinking a bottle of Ouzo and chasing it with shots of expresso. I offered to help him with the Ouzo but he was "conducting an experiment".

Ben

QUOTE (shoneill @ May 15 2008, 12:34 PM)

It's written "uzi". I think Michaels Greek background is mixing it up woth Ouzo.....

It's not really Mike's fault. Hebrew (at least the modern Israeli accent) doesn't have the U which English has (as in "gun"). That's why when you see a word transliterated from Hebrew which has a U, you can know it will be pronounced "oo" (like "pool").

Others which don't exist are A (as in "I can", not as in "mark"), I (always pronounced as "ee", so my name is pronounce ya-eer and Israel is pronounced yees-ra-el and Uzi is oo-zee), a long O (like bowl), W (although it exists in speech in words that come from Arabic) and probably some others.

QUOTE (Yen @ May 16 2008, 05:30 AM)

I apologize for attempting to enlighten the masses by broadening their knowledge.

I'd like you to keep enlightening the masses. I get a kick out of picking up a word or two (never more than two at one sitting, the word for "earth" most often since there is a news paper ? of that name) very now and then when the news include someone speaking in Hebrew.

Ben

I never really manage to stop being serious, even when I do fun or funny stuff. That's just the way I'm wired and I don't mind it, because it doesn't mean I can't enjoy that stuff.

QUOTE (neB @ May 16 2008, 04:15 PM)

http://www.haaretz.com/' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">Haaretz, which literally means "the land" or the "the country". In singular non-specific form (which can also be used as "Earth") it's pronounced "eretz" which sounds quite similar to "earth", so I wouldn't be shocked if that was the source of the word "earth".

QUOTE (Yen @ May 17 2008, 03:54 PM)

http://www.haaretz.com/' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">Haaretz, which literally means "the land" or the "the country". In singular non-specific form (which can also be used as "Earth") it's pronounced "eretz" which sounds quite similar to "earth", so I wouldn't be shocked if that was the source of the word "earth".

Cool! Soon I'll be ready Gen1:2. :headbang:

Ben

• 5 months later...