Sub vi extracting data

This is what I am planning to do for context: I believe instead of the loop interations i have in the original sub vi. i will use the times that the whole loop incremented at whatever the user chooses, and the sine curve will be updated with that when the person chooses refresh.

Then a sub vi is needed (it must be created) to calculate the rms value.

Here are the quotes:

Create a new vi and place the sine wave sub vi in a while loop delayed by a wait function that is synchronizable to the system clock. The loop is updated witha control in the units seconds. Place a momentary button named refresh that updates the display and writes the control values to the wave sin generator. Boolean controls to view the three awways shoul also be on the front panel. Place an error handler in the code to notify the user that a maximum voltage of 10 Vpp.

Create a subvi that acquires 1 cycle of the generated data and calculates the rms value.

save it in a wired and password protected version.

i think i may have overdone the connector panes. Is it worth having a subvi at all?