Scaling control panel objects for stand-alone apps.

Hello there,

I usually have trouble designing stand-alone applications on my laptop's widescreen. After i finish the vi, i usually switch to an 800x600 or 1280x600 so that I can easily scale and position the objects in my front panel. Isn't there any smarter way to do this?!!

I also have another issue with letting the users use the OS, I have been frequently asked to let the user type a password in order to be able to exit the application and access the windows explorer, is this achievable via G-code or do I have to implement it using other language?!

Thankyou very much,,,

Bedair

QUOTE (fuzzycontrolfreak @ May 22 2008, 12:08 AM)

I usually have trouble designing stand-alone applications on my laptop's widescreen. After i finish the vi, i usually switch to an 800x600 or 1280x600 so that I can easily scale and position the objects in my front panel. Isn't there any smarter way to do this?!!

If you have a specific screen size requirement you can use a frame from the decorations palette to define your front panel and/or block diagram boundaries. As you drag the frame a tooltip will tell you how big it is. Just set it to 800x600 or 1280x600 and keep your code within those boundaries.

If your laptop screen is smaller that that it still won't all fit on the screen at the same time, but it will give you a reference to work with as you scroll around.

-Toby