Right-click without mouse

PaulG.

QUOTE (PaulG. @ May 28 2008, 05:24 PM)

Is there any way to duplicate a right-click of a mouse from the keyboard? In GotoMeeting right-click doesn't work. Really frustrating working remotely. It can be done on a Mac, but I can't seem to find it for Windows, let alone in LV.

Most newer keyboards have an application key (usually) between the right-hand Ctrl and Alt key. It duplicates a right mouse click for whatever is selected.

Thanks anyways, guys, :thumbup: but none of these solutions appear to work. Looks like it is LV-specific. I have yet to duplicate a right-click from ANY keyboard combination in the LV environment in any case. I'm using GoToMeeting. I few years ago I used GoToMyPC for similar work and don't remember the right-click not working. Have you ever tried to change a tunnel to a shift register without the right-click? :(

QUOTE (PaulG. @ May 29 2008, 01:24 PM)

Thanks anyways, guys, :thumbup: but none of these solutions appear to work. Looks like it is LV-specific. I have yet to duplicate a right-click from ANY keyboard combination in the LV environment in any case. I'm using GoToMeeting. I few years ago I used GoToMyPC for similar work and don't remember the right-click not working. Have you ever tried to change a tunnel to a shift register without the right-click? :(

I've used WebExMeetMeNow to code in LV with no issues.

Wild guess:

Could this be an auto-tool selectin issue?

Done guessing.

Ben

QUOTE (PaulG. @ May 29 2008, 06:24 PM)

I know that some right-click keyboard functions aren't detected by LabVIEW...

Maybe the MS accesibility has something for you, or LabVIEW might interprete ctrl-click as right-click (to keep the Mac users happy).

Ton

I know this one I know it!

It's a little complicated but works just fine. Within windows press Alt + Left Shift + NumLock, this turns on MouseKeys. This can also be turned on within the Accessibility Options on the Control Panel. A window will come up after the key combination press OK. Now your number pad is a mouse. By pressing the 5 button on the numpad it should right click. I'm not sure this can be done through software, but for your case it might work.

Here's some more information about it.

http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/myway/keyboar...ouse-numpad.htm

There they say the right click should be the minus key but I used 5 and it worked.

QUOTE (hooovahh @ Jun 3 2008, 12:05 PM)

I know this one I know it! ...

You da man, Brian. It actually works, even in LV. Go to the head of the class. And thanks. :thumbup:

Update: ... however ... I just tried to access one pc to another here in the office … and the right-click is partially disabled, at least in GoToMeeting. It's the strangest thing, too. The right click actually works on the remote PC, showing the right-click selections, but my host does not see the right-clicked selections. WT …??? I guess GoToMeeting was not made to do this sort of thing ... time for Plan B.

But at least I know how to right-click without a mouse. :)