What Do You Think The Best Book Of LabVEW!

I am a Chinese,My English is poor,But I have to study LabVIEW By mySelf;In China,There are some books about LabVIEW,But They are all very basic.

I wang to study advanced LabVIEW Tecnology.Now,I Have been reading <LabVIEW for EveryOne>for only Three days,Who can Give me some commments

About this Book?...Or recommend some Books about LabVIEW?

Thank You!

Your Friend come From China

QUOTE (aa9310 @ Jun 2 2008, 11:18 PM)

Hello,

As one of the co-authors of LabVIEW for Everyone, I'm happy to hear that you've discovered the book and hope that you find it useful. By the way, the Chinese translation should be available very soon -- I believe that it's supposed to be published this month.

As for more advanced books, I would certainly recommend LabVIEW: Advanced Programming Techniques and The LabVIEW Style Book.

Cheers,

-Jim Kring

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Jun 3 2008, 02:22 PM)

ThankS for your reply.Yes,A solid foundation is very important!!

Now,LabVIEW is not widely used in China...There is no LabVIEW in our courses.

Most students develop applications by VB or C++...

Since I found LabVIEW months ago,I have been believing LabVIEW will become extremely populor in the Future..."LabVIEW everywhere".as shown in The Book!!!

This is the first time I write in a foreigne Web Site..Forgive my poor English Level !!

QUOTE (aa9310 @ Jun 3 2008, 08:37 PM)

ThankS for your reply.Yes,A solid foundation is very important!!

Now,LabVIEW is not widely used in China...There is no LabVIEW in our courses.

Most students develop applications by VB or C++...

Since I found LabVIEW months ago,I have been believing LabVIEW will become extremely populor in the Future..."LabVIEW everywhere".as shown in The Book!!!

This is the first time I write in a foreigne Web Site..Forgive my poor English Level !!

Welcome to LAVA :) We're happy to have you here. You'll find that the LAVA members are all very patient and forgiving of language difficulties. However, I would try to avoid using very big red and blue fonts ;)

QUOTE (ASTDan @ Jun 4 2008, 03:35 AM)

I am a big fan of the NI courses. However, given that information in Intermediate I touches on LabVIEW Component Oreintated Design (LCOD) - or as NI call it Multi Functional VIs (MFVIs) - it is worth a mention to include

A Software Engineering Approach to LabVIEW by Jon Conway & Steve Watts.

Even though I feel this book is now a little (only a little) out of date in terms of LV8.5, new designs and examples, a lot of the principles are concrete.

This book was a large stepping stone for me and it helped me a lot.

Still a great read and reference book too!

JG

QUOTE (Val Brown @ Jun 4 2008, 06:14 AM)

Ni de Ying-guo hua hen hao. Wo de Zhong-guo hua hen bu hao!

So don't worry about it at all -- you're doing wonderfully in English!

Thanks for encouraging me.Unexpectedly,I coude met people who can speak Chinese!

Huan ying lai zhong-guo wan..(Welcome to China!)