NI-Week 2008 LAVA T-Shirt Now Available!

crelf

QUOTE (EdDeWitt @ Jun 14 2008, 08:37 PM)

Will the shirts and/or other products be available at NIWeek, or are they only available on-line?

We're only planning on offering LAVA merchandise through the LAVA Store website. We can help you place an order at NI-Week, but your purchases will be shipped to you directly from the LAVA Store website. The site accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

Awesome work on the T-shirt everyone. Thanks to Chris Relf and Justin Goeres. It's nice when the community steps forth and helps out like this.

As far as selling at NIWeek, this is tough. I tried this one year and it didn't work out too well. You need to invest money in buying shirts in the hope that they will sell (I still have many of them left in my closet).You need someone to hang around a box of shirts. You also need to have a place like a booth (which LAVA doesn't have). Also, people don't want to buy shirts at a show where NI is giving shirts away for free. One person even got mad when I asked for money.

So, this way you may or may not buy one. No sweat off any of our backs and no hard feelings. You'll just be the only one walking around with an NI (the dark side) t-shirt instead of a cool LAVA one, and don't even think of showing your face at the LAVA\OpenG BBQ without one.

Regardless, I would think that all the people who's avatars are featured on the shirt will buy one... right? :thumbup:

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jun 14 2008, 08:43 PM)

I just counted them up (for the first time :P) and I think there are seventy-nine different avatars on the shirt. That should be roughly the top 100 LAVA users (in terms of post count), minus a couple dozen who don't have avatars set, plus Spoolie.

Thanks to Michael for sending me the raw user & avatar information I needed, and special thanks also to my friends awk, grep, wget, and GIMP.

Note, also, that due to Internet Magic, you can customize your shirt on the purchase page at Zazzle! There are several different cuts & colors of shirt available, for various prices.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jun 15 2008, 12:43 AM)

No worries - any time :) Thanks to everyone who entered a design in the competition, and also everyone who voted :thumbup:

QUOTE (Antoine @ Jun 15 2008, 04:59 AM)

Thank you Chris and Justin :worship:

You're welcome - in fact, the best way to thank us is to buy one :D

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 15 2008, 01:08 AM)

customize your shirt on
http://www.zazzle.com/lavastore/product/235258339504767821'
rel='nofollow' target="_blank">the purchase page at Zazzle

!
There are several different cuts & colors of shirt available...

:!: DO NOT customize the t-shirt at check out - choose Basic Dark T-Shirt - Black only. There is a bug in the zazzle software that stopped me from locking the design down - I have their technical support people working on it. One of the reasons we have the t-shirt is to demonstrate a united force at NI-Week, and if everyone shows up wearing different t-shirts, then that perception is much less effective. Those wearing non-black t-shirts will not be admitted to the LAVA BBQ. :P

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 15 2008, 07:23 AM)

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_Ford' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">Any customer can have a LAVA t-shirt any colour that he wants so long as it is Basic Dark - Black.

One of the reasons we have the t-shirt is to demonstrate a united force at NI-Week,

Not to mention that it's usually 102 degrees (fahrenheit!) in Austin during NIWeek, so if you order a hooded sweatshirt and try to wear it during the conference you'll just spend the BBQ in the Emergency Room anyway :P.

QUOTE (Antoine @ Jun 15 2008, 12:10 PM)

That's a shame Antoine - you'll have to take a photo of yourself in it and post it in this thread and/or in the comments section in the LAVAStore :)

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 15 2008, 12:11 PM)

Any customer can have a LAVA t-shirt any colour that he wants so long as it is Basic Dark - Black.

Hence the subsequent rise of GM :)

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 15 2008, 09:11 AM)

And, if you get the camouflage shirt, other LAVA members won't be able to find you :blink:

post-17-1213550503.png?width=400

By the way, what is Spoolie's commission on sales?

post-17-1213550748.png?width=400

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 15 2008, 07:23 AM)

:!:
DO NOT
customize the t-shirt at check out - choose
Basic Dark T-Shirt - Black
only. There is a bug in the zazzle software that stopped me from locking the design down - I have their technical support people working on it. One of the reasons we have the t-shirt is to demonstrate a united force at NI-Week, and if everyone shows up wearing different t-shirts, then that perception is much less effective. Those wearing non-black t-shirts will not be admitted to the LAVA BBQ.
:P

You mean that these other styles may one day become rare LAVA collectors items? :lightbulb:

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Jun 15 2008, 01:26 PM)

I don't think your attachment worked - I can't see anything.

By the way, what is Spoolie's commission on sales?

Ahhhhhhh - I see the misunderstanding. That's "Wirey" - he's in no way related to "SpoolieTM". Any resemblance to SpooliesTM, living or dead, is purely coincidental. :D

PS: I'd be happy to take him down if you'd like...

:lightbulb:

jedi1.gif There are no other styles

QUOTE (Yen @ Jun 15 2008, 01:27 PM)

Actually, Model T Fords were initially sold in a number of colors, and I think none of them were black.

I think the "black" quote came well before the Model T (there's were a number of models before the T, starting, funnily enough, with the Model A in 1903). Come to Detroit and I'll take you to the Rouge River Factory tour and to The Henry Ford museum - both great places to visit.

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 15 2008, 08:52 PM)

I think the "black" quote came well before the Model T

Quite possibly, but that's what I remembered it to be associated with.

If I should ever get to Detroit (is there any reason to? I got the impression it's mostly a desolate industrial city) I'll be sure to follow up on that invitation.

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 15 2008, 11:44 AM)

And they raze the downtown area every time their sports teams win :P. Or, so I'm told.

In the interest of clarity and cultural sensitivity, I'd like to clarify that I totally don't actually mean that Michiganders actually raze downtown Detroit whenever their teams win. That hasn't happened since like the 80s. I apologize in advance to anyone offended.

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 19 2008, 11:09 AM)

:o:( Now I won't get to go to the LAVA-BQ.

I'll keep an eye out for when they are available again. :book:

Jason