Write to Measurement File Question

I've got my program working 95% with the help of those in the lab I work in and finding vi's here (you may recognize the boxcar algorithm, thanks to whoever it was that posted that). However, I cannot figure out how to change some of the labels in the text file that my program is outputting. I would like to change the units and the column descriptions for each column of data in the output file.

The vi was generated using labview 8.5 professional development system.

I have had a look at this. Normally the quickest way to "name" the data in a wire is to connect it to/from a control/indicator. Then the data inherits the name from the control/indicator label. I could not see an easy way to achieve this in your example. That is not to say that suach a method exists.

However upon digging quite deep within the Write LVM express vi, I managed to find a few useful vis that allow you to tap into the details of dymanic signals.

I have attached a modified vi for you.

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: :beer: Download File:post-4848-1213771823.vi

A small point of interest:

You can import the file in Star Office but in France if you keep the default setting ; number are imported as text . The reason? the decimal point : in France 12,6 = 1*10^1+2*10^0+6*10^-1 = 12.6 in USA . So my Star Office (France) understand 12.6 as a text. After some time I find : you have only to change the importation setting the column is not "Standard" but US.

After that everything fine.

QUOTE (irpotential @ Jun 18 2008, 03:05 PM)

Thanks for the help. Why is it that a control/indicator won't name the data in my program? I'm having a very hard time visualizing and understanding what labview does with it's data and how you manipulate it.

It is better with the capture od the screen

A small point of interest:

You can import the file in Star Office but in France if you keep the default setting ; number are imported as text . The reason? the decimal point : in France 12,6 = 1*10^1+2*10^0+6*10^-1 = 12.6 in USA . So my Star Office (France) understand 12.6 as a text. After some time I find : you have only to change the importation setting the column is not "Standard" but US.

After that everything fine.