control windows application using LabVIEW

QUOTE (sasinew @ Jun 18 2008, 04:37 AM)

... Can anyone please help me how to control windows exe file menus using LabVIEW user interface?

sasi

Hi Sasi,

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve. Do you want LabVIEW to control a windows application or do you want to include a customised file menu in your own LabVIEW compiled executable application?

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: :beer:

QUOTE (Phil Duncan @ Jun 18 2008, 06:29 AM)

Hi Sasi,

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve. Do you want LabVIEW to control a windows application or do you want to include a customised file menu in your own LabVIEW compiled executable application?

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: :beer:

Hi Phill,

I want labview to control a windows application. For example, i want to open word and write something on that doc and print the doc, is it possible in LabVIEW? I mean control word menus. Please guide me.

thank you.

sasi

QUOTE (sasinew @ Jun 18 2008, 04:29 AM)

I want labview to control a windows application. For example, i want to open word and write something on that doc and print the doc, is it possible in LabVIEW? I mean control word menus. Please guide me.

thank you.

It's certainly possible. ActiveX would give you control of Word directly. The report generation VIs should also be able to generate Word documents and print them.