How vision builder use usb camera?

I had followed the instructions that Ni website(http://digital.ni.com/public. nsf/allkb/2B9C5068EA9B5A38862573D7007F2871) are giving "USB Cameras with Vision Builder for Automated Inspection", I have made the "usb snap .vi", but it doesn't work at VBAI.

Maybe i misunderstand how to build the "usb snap.vi". because i can't download the "usb snap.vi" frome NI website. does anybody can help me with the "usb snap.vi". :headbang:

• 5 months later...

you have to take care about your version of VBAI and your version of LabVIEW to do all this, and have installed the NI imaq for usb cameras...

to create a Vi to get a image from your Usb camera in to VBAI.. open LabVIEW..create a blank vi.. go to the block diagram and select form the function palette>>vision and motion>>IMAQ USB>>IMAQ USB snap.vi

place the Vi on the block diagram.. then right-click on the Image in terminal and select from the shortcut menu Create>>control

then right-click on the Image in control and select Create>>local variable... and wire the local varible to the Image Out terminal of the

IMAQ USB snap.vi... that's all for the VI... now you have to create a project that include the VI....go to Project>>new project and click add..now in the project explorer window...right-click on Build specifications

select New>> source distribution

now you have to configure the source distribution..under the information window..select the desired name and path...in source file select the vi and click the arrow to always include...in Destinations selesct LLB..in Source file settings click dependencies and check Apply prefix to all contained items and add the prefix of oyu choice...under Additional exclusions uncheck all the "exclude files form" and check the disconnect and the remove checkmark...don't check the Modify project library file after removing...... then under preview generate preview..then click Build.... ufff..that's all in labview...now we move to VBAI... to acquire the image from the usb camera..first place a simulate acquisition step select any image in your computer..then place a Run VI step..and then navigate to the destination folder that contain the .LLB and select it. then a dialogbox appear..that include all the instance in the llb..select the VI that you create.. then go to Vi controls tab and select VI controls>>configure select Use measurements and select current image-Image if you all the steps right..a snap from your usb camera shoul appear in the main image window.... I hope this help you.. it work for me..I use the VBAI 3.6 and LabVIEW 8.5 to create the VI

if this post help you... please let me now... :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

QUOTE (@x-L @ Dec 11 2008, 02:18 AM)

you have to take care about your version of VBAI and your version of LabVIEW to do all this, and have installed the NI imaq for usb cameras...

to create a Vi to get a image from your Usb camera in to VBAI.. open LabVIEW..create a blank vi.. go to the block diagram and select form the function palette>>vision and motion>>IMAQ USB>>IMAQ USB snap.vi

place the Vi on the block diagram.. then right-click on the Image in terminal and select from the shortcut menu Create>>control

then right-click on the Image in control and select Create>>local variable... and wire the local varible to the Image Out terminal of the

IMAQ USB snap.vi... that's all for the VI... now you have to create a project that include the VI....go to Project>>new project and click add..now in the project explorer window...right-click on Build specifications

select New>> source distribution

now you have to configure the source distribution..under the information window..select the desired name and path...in source file select the vi and click the arrow to always include...in Destinations selesct LLB..in Source file settings click dependencies and check Apply prefix to all contained items and add the prefix of your choice...under Additional exclusions uncheck all the "exclude files form" and check the disconnect and the remove checkmark...don't check the Modify project library file after removing...... then under preview generate preview..then click Build.... ufff..that's all in labview...now we move to VBAI... to acquire the image from the usb camera..first place a simulate acquisition step select any image in your computer..then place a Run VI step..and then navigate to the destination folder that contain the .LLB and select it. then a dialogbox appear..that include all the instance in the llb..select the VI that you create.. then go to Vi controls tab and select VI controls>>configure select Use measurements and select current image-Image if you did all the steps right..a snap from your usb camera should appear in the main image window.... I hope this help you.. it work for me..I've used the VBAI 3.6 and LabVIEW 8.5 to create the VI

if this post help you... please let me now... :rolleyes:

Hi all

This works for me with LabVIEW 8.5, VBAI 3.6 and a Creative Live! Cam Optia AF, but the acquisition time is extremely slow, about 2.2 secs when benchmarking in VBAI.

Don't know if this is just my camera or the script just works that slow.

It would still be better if NI would just support USB cameras in VBAI, since so many people ask for it :-)

Best regards

Simon