How to graph a rotated ellipsoid?

Hi Wireworkers!

I am doing a software that assist in the planning of radio-links around our national geography. Among other things, I require to graph the geographic profiles and the fressnell zone so much in 2D as in 3D.

These components in 2D, are observed in the following figure.

gallery_8339_77_18398.png

The geographical profile in 3D is observed in the following figure. Although it is not the fressnell zone in 3D (Ellipsoid rotated). The ellipsoid should be among the points A and B.

gallery_8339_77_94632.png

Can somebody help me with regard to How to graph a rotated ellipsoid?. I have the points vertexes and the radius (this depends on the frequency of the radio-connection). The only thing that I have gotten (in LabVIEW 8.2) is to graph the ellipsoid, with their centre in (x1, y1,z1) and an angle of rotation 0º or 90º.

For graph the ellipsoid, I am using the equations of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsoid

For view the GUIs of this software, please Visit My GUI Gallery

Thanks

Carlos Calderón

U.T.P.L.

Loja-Ecuador

QUOTE (CarlosCalderon @ Jun 26 2008, 12:27 PM)

This is the vi.

Thanks Ben

You are plotting the elipsoid fine.

The eqaution you are using assues the elipsoid is centered at the origin and the axis of rotation is along the one of the axis. you need to mod your equation such that it rotates the elipse about the line connecting your two points.

Ben

CITA(neB @ Jun 26 2008, 03:10 PM)

You are plotting the elipsoid fine.

The eqaution you are using assues the elipsoid is centered at the origin and the axis of rotation is along the one of the axis. you need to mod your equation such that it rotates the elipse about the line connecting your two points.

Ben

Hi Ben. I know how center the ellipsoid in a point different to the origin (0,0,0). But I don't know how rotate the ellipsoid. My problem is the rotation of coordenates. With the two points that I have, I can calculate the center of the ellipsoid and its angle of rotation. I do have this two results.

Thanks Ben.