All the LEGO you have ever dreamed of

QUOTE (tcplomp @ Jun 26 2008, 11:59 AM)

That's great! Thanks for sharing. It definitely brought back a lot of memories of some great times "playing legos" with my brother.

When I was little we had a plastic bucket full of legos. My mom would go to thrift stores (we didn't have much money) and buy used legos and add them to the bucket.

I was too young to remember this, but my mother likes to tell a story of a friend of mine coming over to play legos and asking where the directions where. I said to him "legos have directions?" :)

To this day, I'm not much of a "read the manual" kind of person.

I have many happy memories of my bucket of legos and the unique things I would create.

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Jun 26 2008, 04:39 PM)

When I was little we had a plastic bucket full of legos. My mom would go to thrift stores (we didn't have much money) and buy used legos and add them to the bucket.

My Ma did *exactly* the same thing! She'd come home from the thrift shop with a bag of clothes, and a couple of handfuls of lego - my brother and my first job was to wash it all with the hose in the backyard :) ...and when a local neighbourhood kid left home, it was a race (I'm completely serious) to their house to beg their parents for their old legos... Our suitcase had a mixture of lego and the no-brand version (the only difference was the absence of the "LEGO" text on each node...

I remember that my uncle built an amazing grill (we always joked that if a hurricane came, the family would be safer in the BBQ than their house) and I remember him spending hours in our lounge room putting together his grand plan with legos...

LEGOs have INSTRUCTIONS??? :o

I was also one of those who had a big box (or few) just full of stuff to create stuff from, but we also had stuff from a few sets, which was useful.

Incidentally, after the NXT came out, I got one for a couple of days. I took one of the cars I built, jury rigged the NXT on it so that it could both drive and steer it, built a small VI to run it and had a working robot in a couple of hours of work. :)