LAVA/OpenG NI-Week 2008 BBQ

crelf

post-181-1214520808.gif?width=400

Beer, BBQ & good times - you're invited to share an evening of social fun with the good people from LAVA (LabVIEW Advanced Virtual Architects), OpenG (LabVIEW's open source community), as well as some selected NI R&D folks to chew the fat (literally & figuratively). All you can eat & drink smoked beef brisket, chicken, pork ribs, beans and salad bar, ice tea & fountain drinks, and we're holding it at Iron Works BBQ (right next to the convention centre).

:!: Run, don't walk, to get your seat at the hottest and coolest event at NI-Week!

If you're undecided ( :o are you kidding me?!?), check out some snaps from last year's LAVA/OpenG BBQs here.

[cross posted - everywhere!]

Chris,

Thanks for organizing this again!

Really looking forward to it.

One thing you might want to do, is add a separate pay link for paying for a couple, so you don't have to go through payment twice if you are bringing your significant other.

Ben

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Jun 26 2008, 07:31 PM)

This year we've got Nancy and Crystal modelling the LAVA "G"-strings too...

QUOTE (bjzimmer @ Jun 26 2008, 07:34 PM)

One thing you might want to do, is add a separate pay link for paying for a couple, so you don't have to go through payment twice if you are bringing your significant other.

I had considered that, but it makes the management of the accounts in PayPal pretty painful - sorry.

QUOTE (Norm Kirchner @ Jun 26 2008, 11:36 PM)

Since we don't need a bus do we get to drink more?!

Iron Works BBQ has a fully stocked bar, and you'll only need to walk a couple of blocks back to the hotel, so go nuts! Shiner Bock, here I come!

QUOTE (xtaldaz @ Jun 27 2008, 01:39 PM)

That's okay - we'll keep it to my hotel room after the BBQ... ;)

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jun 27 2008, 09:25 PM)

Keep drinking... it could be. :laugh:

Chika bow bow

So here's the catch (there's always a catch :) ) - we need to get at least 100 people to the BBQ to cover the cost of the venue (we have to pay for a minimum of 100). I think we can make it (we had ~70 last year), so please make it your personal goal to convince as many people to sign up as possible :thumbup: Hey - who wouldn't want to come to the LAVA/OpenG NI-Week 2008 BBQ anyhow?!?

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 24 2008, 03:42 PM)

It wouldn't be the first time I've been slapped. :P

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 24 2008, 03:42 PM)

You can find all-things-NI-Week2008
:)

I guess I just wasn't finding my way to the correct Evite page that had all the information on it.

Thanks.

PS. If you still really feel the need to slap me, just let me get a few Rolling Rocks into me first. :beer: :beer:

There's only one week to go, so get off your bum and get yourself a ticket! We're currently at 57, and we need at least 100...

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 28 2008, 12:35 AM)

We need to get at least 100 people to the BBQ to cover the cost of the venue (we have to pay for a minimum of 100). I think we can make it (we had ~70 last year), so please make it your personal goal to convince as many people to sign up as possible :thumbup: Hey - who wouldn't want to come to the LAVA/OpenG NI-Week 2008 BBQ anyhow?!?

Ok. I think I sent the money today.

But PayPal was anything but a "Pal". And now I can't log in at all. (Tried several different DNS servers, browsers, etc. No joy.)

So, all I can do is hope it went through and keep trying to check on it.

QUOTE (pallen @ Jul 29 2008, 03:13 PM)

Ok. I think I sent the money today. But PayPal was anything but a "Pal". And now I can't log in at all.

Yes - we got your payment - thanks! I've been using PayPal a fair bit today, and haven't had any issues...