Article - Insidious Memory Leak

I was thinking of adding that I'm actually a bit surprised and that I would actually expect it to behave the same way on both platforms (either to optimize or to perform the code literally), but I decided against it, since I figured that Bob probably had a reason to say that it worked fine. I guess I should have tested it myself. :oops:

QUOTE (Yair @ Jul 8 2008, 02:47 PM)

I was thinking of adding that I'm actually a bit surprised and that I would actually expect it to behave the same way on both platforms (either to optimize or to perform the code literally), but I decided against it, since I figured that Bob probably had a reason to say that it worked fine. I guess I should have tested it myself. :oops:

Well, to the extent that I tested it under Windows, it appeared to work fine. The RT systems were left running overnight and over weekends, and that's when the memory leaks would eventually cause things to crash. We never did long-term tests under Windows.