NI Week Presentation Research

Omar Mussa

QUOTE (Omar Mussa @ Jul 13 2008, 09:08 AM)

Yes, one of the best is ever seen. As the saying used to go: "it's finger licken' good". But don't take my word for it -- watch it!

Ok, at the risk of seemingly hopelessly un-hip, is there some sort of pop culture reference I'm missing with this? I'm all about funny web phenomenons, but I'm completely lost here...

-D

P.S. - Surely I'm speaking for some other LAVAers out there who didn't "get" this???

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 14 2008, 06:18 AM)

Ok, at the risk of seemingly hopelessly un-hip, is there some sort of pop culture reference I'm missing with this? I'm all about funny web phenomenons, but I'm completely lost here...

-D

P.S. - Surely I'm speaking for some other LAVAers out there who didn't "get" this???

I don't "get" any specific "chicken" reference, but it's funny nonetheless.

Shane.

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 14 2008, 07:18 AM)

I got it, but I didn't think it was anything more than slightly amusing. Might be because I'm lucky enough not to be bombarded by generic PP presentations all the time.

Exactly. There are no pop cultural references, just the "geek cultural" reference of Death by PowerPoint. "The medium IS the message" to the nth degree.

QUOTE (Yair @ Jul 14 2008, 12:06 PM)

I got it, but I didn't think it was anything more than slightly amusing. Might be because I'm lucky enough not to be bombarded by generic PP presentations all the time.

QUOTE (Tom Bress @ Jul 14 2008, 09:29 AM)

I think it's more the "eek" and rather well cultured perspective that "the tedium is the message" when it comes to overuse of PowerPoint, cf: http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-...&topic_id=1

But I also think we're seeing some tribal identities emerging here in this thread. Just about everyone I've sent this to fell off their chair laughing and that includes a very large population of definitively non-geek recipients.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jul 14 2008, 11:06 AM)

The part where I actually laughed was at the end where he brought up a slide of complex formulas in response to an audience question. That was the punchline for me.

Yes, and the references in the "Technical Paper" version that could be downloaded as well.