error building labview app with excel toolkit

I haven't seen that error, but did you make sure to include the "...\vil.ib\addons\_office\_exclsub.llb\_Excel Dynamic VIs.vi" in your project? The documentation recommends including the "...\vil.ib\addons\_office\_wordsub.llb\_Word Dynamic VIs.vi" as well.

I have not found dynamicVI.vi or anything similar yet. Where are these files? I found a work around for now going down to core property node and invole node programming and getting rid of GOOP refferences. It was painful, but it runs and compiles. I would like to make thjis work the easy way in the future, though.

QUOTE (slubeck @ Jul 15 2008, 09:44 PM)

I have not found dynamicVI.vi or anything similar yet. Where are these files? I found a work around for now going down to core property node and invole node programming and getting rid of GOOP refferences. It was painful, but it runs and compiles. I would like to make thjis work the easy way in the future, though.

Dan already gave you the path to the files. They are found inside the vi.lib folder which is is found inside the LabVIEW folder. In Windows, this is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x\vi.lib by default.

If you don't use the dynamic calls, you run the risk of having your code break when using a different version of Office, because Microsoft changes the interfaces between Office versions.