NI-IMAQ USB drivers

Hi all,

I just got LabView 8.5 to do some image acquisition and processing for a summer research job i'm doing. I would like to acquire some images via webcam, but when I go to the NI website to download the NI-IMAQ USB drivers, the link provided doesnt work (imaq_usb_installer_setup.exe file), so i cant even download it let alone install it. Is anyone else having this issue and can anyone provide me with a link to where I could download it?

Thanks

QUOTE (Hansell @ Jul 17 2008, 03:32 PM)

Hi all,

I just got LabView 8.5 to do some image acquisition and processing for a summer research job i'm doing. I would like to acquire some images via webcam, but when I go to the NI website to download the NI-IMAQ USB drivers, the link provided doesnt work (imaq_usb_installer_setup.exe file), so i cant even download it let alone install it. Is anyone else having this issue and can anyone provide me with a link to where I could download it?

Thanks

Did you check these requirements below?

"System Requirements:

LabVIEW 7.0 or higher with NI Vision 7.1 or higher for the USB LabVIEW support

- Vision Assistant 7.1 or higher for the USB Vision Assistant plugin module

- Vision Assistant 8.0 or higher for the USB Express VI"

The Imaq USB driver is freeware but it won't be installed with you don't have NI Vision... Unfornatelly..

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (GaryTan @ Aug 3 2008, 04:18 AM)

What will happen to usb-imaq if i use two identical web-cameras?

It's been a long time since I've used NI-IMAQ-USB, but, generally speaking, USB devices are enumerated when you plug them in for the first time. When you say "what will happen", what is it that you want to know?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using LabVIEW 8.6 with Vision Development Module 8.6. I have to use a USB and/or Firwire camera to take snaps triggered by an external singnal and then do some processing on the captured snaps. Then wait for the next tirgger singal and repeat the process.

Things I've done:-

1. I've been able to receive the external singal via a SCB-68 in LabVIEW.

2. I've been able to do the required image processing in NI Visison Assistant 8.6 on an already captued image.

What I need to do:-

1. I need to combine the two things in LabVIEW and make the processing sensative to the external singal.

Troubles:-

1. I can't find the IMAQ USB and IMAQ IEEE 1394 VI's in my Function Pallet for LabVIEW 8.6.

2. How do I trigger a camera to take a snap and then ask it to do the same on the next trigger signal.

QUOTE (atyab @ Aug 26 2008, 06:59 AM)

Have you installed NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 or NI-IMAQ for USB? You need to install them for them to show up on your palette.

QUOTE (atyab @ Aug 26 2008, 06:59 AM)

How do I trigger a camera to take a snap and then ask it to do the same on the next trigger signal.

I suggest you look at using the trigger on the camera - you can set up LabVIEW to wait on an image from the camera (this is the most temporally accurate method).

When I copied the following files and folder from LabVIEW 8.5 to LabVIEW 8.6, I got the IMAQ USB palette to show.

C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\examples\IMAQ\imaqUSB examples.llb

C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\menus\Categories\VisionMotion\vision7.mnu

C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\imaqUSB\imaqUSB.llb

I asked NI and they say the IMAQ USB hasn't been updated for LabVIEW 8.6. :blink:

I tried installing the IMAQ for IEEE1394 but still can't see the plaette for it.

Is there a way to trigger the sanp using an external signal from inside LabVIEW instead of triggering it externally?

• 2 weeks later...