Commerical Announcements on LAVA

mross

QUOTE (ExpertQTP @ Jul 22 2008, 08:16 AM)

Dear Friends,

For real time concepts on quicktest professional, training , QTP scripts and Certification Material, you can visit SNIP

Since I have never seen anything on LAVA quite this commercial, it makes me wonder what is the policy and general opinion about this sort of thing.

My initial resoponse is that I find it intrusive, but perhaps that is a harsh and reflexive reaction. I dislike it greatly that the author has chosen to be anonymous.

Without the anonymity, I might be OK with it, if there was a commercial forum to place things like this (maybe there is and I don't know of it). Or if the subject subject line clearly noted that the posting was commercial. Of course, I wouldn't subscribe to the commercial forum and would seldom look at it. And what are the odds that someone who has just joined LAVA and the first post is commercial would know about labeling subjects?

So it is a gray area for me. It is perhaps a good idea to supoort the money making between us. The Info-LAbVIEW policy that commercial posts be mercifully brief seems to work, however, this one cuts it too close.

We used to have a paid advert after every initial posting, that was really irritating. If I was trying to drum up business, but was instead engendering that reaction, I would not be achieving the desired result for the expense.

Anyway, this posting strays from the usual mutual support and freely given help that we consistently see here. At best it seems out of place and at worst a bad idea.

Mike

QUOTE (eaolson @ Jul 22 2008, 03:12 PM)

Our policy is clear: if you're unhappy with a post (including this one :) ) for any reason, click the "! REPORT" button next to it. Do not trash users or their posts in the public forums.