Execution priority

One way of assigning execution priority to a VI is go in the Properties for that VI and navigate to the "Execution" Category (see pic)

You can then select what you want.

Alternatively; if you use the Timed Loop structure in your code, you can assign execution priority specifically for that loop.

QUOTE (Xrockyman @ Jul 23 2008, 08:29 AM)

Hello,

Is there a way to give execution priority to a certain code or VI? My problem is that I have some interface controls that I want to execute immediately for the user doesn't feel that the program is slow.

I think your probably not looking for the execution priority setting. Changing that setting, for a VI in series with user events, will do nothing till the user has actually finished choosing stuff.

If you want your User Interface to be more "dynamic", handle user events with an Event structure, and have a second parallel loop that acts on the event instructions generated by the Event structure. Look for examples or a template for a Queued State Machine architecture under LV help.

Neville.

QUOTE (neB @ Jul 23 2008, 06:14 PM)

Agreed. I can not recall any cases where slugish VI performance was fixed by changing the priority.

Ben

Thanks, that is true. The better solution is to put parallel loops handling my menus and controls and I put these interacting with the rest of the code with global variables.

Regards.