Problems with Program once in Remote Panel

PPF Menus.zipPPF Menus.zipPPF Menus.zip Hi Everyone,

So I have a program that asks users to input data files, and the program will then read these files and write another file onto the computer using a file dialog box. This program runs fine on my computer, but when I put it on the internet and access it from my own computer, it does not even go to the file dialog box. Instead, it gives the error:

Error 43 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in Write Spreadsheet String.vi->Write To Spreadsheet File (string).vi-.

Any ideas of why it does this? Thanks

Well, some dialogs can show up in remote panels when the remote user has control of the VI, but fail when the remote is just viewing. In any case the file dialog doesn't work in remote panels, either controlling or viewing, and throws the error 43 you are experiencing, so using your own file dialog VI as Neville advises is the answer. Moreover, you probably don't want the remote user to play with any file in your computer, so a file dialog limiting his scope is twice better.

Saludos,

Aitor