NI WEEK LAVA Roll Call

Mark Balla

Let us know if you are or are not comming to NI WEEK and what you are planning to do while your there.

Also if you are Presenting please let us know so we can come and support you.

I'm especially pump because this is my 10th NI WEEK in a row and each year gets better and better because of the people I get to see again and the new ones I meet.

Arriving Sunday Staying at the Hilton

Sunday Night: Ginger man

Monday Night: Alliance day Party and Hopefully Buffalo billiards to school J.K.I. in foosball. ** !!

Tuesday Night: LAVA Bar-B-Q of course ** !!

Wednesday Night: NI Party ** !!

Thursday Night: No Idea I've never stayed Thursday Night **

If you see a guy that looks like this with an LAVA button and big smile on his face please say HI I love meeting other members.

**(minimum 1 trip to the piano bar and 2 trips to Coyote Ugly's)

!! (Note to self don't play stupid drinking games with Norm and the barmaid too expensive)

!! (Note to self don't play stupid drinking games with Norm and the barmaid too expensive)

For who, the bar or me?

HAHAHAHA

I'm there.

Might be Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday through the weekend.

@ the hilton

Do a google calendar search for Captain's NI Week 08. I'm worldwide baby!!

This will be my first NI Week! I'm giving a presentation on Tuesday afternoon at 2:15 called "From Spaghetti Code to State Machines". I'll be taking the Professional Instructor training on Monday, no plans yet for Monday night. What's the LAVA hot spot going to be that night?.

I'll be at the BBQ on Tuesday, of course. See you there!

QUOTE (mballa @ Jul 23 2008, 09:50 PM)

Let us know if you are or are not comming to NI WEEK and what you are planning to do while your there.

Also if you are Presenting please let us know so we can come and support you.

I am very much looking forward to my first NI Week. I am planning on sweating in the Austin heat, meeting people from the LAVA forums, and definitely going to the LAVA BBQ!!

I'll be there as usual - Sat-Sat and staying at the Radisson (best pool - this high-elevation desert rat can't handle the Austin heat anymore).

And I hope to never have to give another NIWeek presentation again since I gave at least one for every single conference until last year.

I'm hoping Norm (hint, hint) or someone can keep me updated on what's going on and where folks are.

Looks like this is going to be my first NI Week as well. Didn't look like it was going to happen until the last minute.

I'll be there from Sunday night on and staying the Omni. (I heard it was the 'party' hotel)

Looking forward to meeting new folks and catching up with a few I've not seen in awhile.

This will be my first NI Week. I am staying at the Hilton. Still need to sign up for the LAVA party...

I just did my schedule on the NI web site. I am really bummed that Michael and Stephen's presentations overlap. Who are the schedule wizards that messed that up! I really want to learn some new UI tricks but also want to hear from the GURU of LVOOP! :(

I will only be able to attend Tues-Thurs. That is all the time my boss would agree to. At least the company is picking up the tab...

• Arriving Sunday - not sure where I'm staying (someone else handles that for me :) )
  • Sunday Night: Ginger man
  • Monday Night: Alliance day Party and 6ht Street (Buffalo Billiards/Coyote Ugly/Maggie Mae's/Piano Bar/Monkey Bar/etc...)
  • Tuesday Night: Not sure anything's going on that night. Might be a good night to recouperate quietly in the hotel. Hmmmmm... Oh! I just remembered: the LAVA / OpenG NI-Week 2008 BBQ!!!
  • Wednesday Night: NI Party
  • Thursday Night: Quietly drinking with those LAVA/OpenG folks winding down
  • Friday: Flying home to my lovely missus and a well-deserved(?) rest to get ready to do it all again next year...

I'll be there Saturday through Friday.

I'm taking the new LVOOP class sunday and Monday and I'm heading down to San Antonio Firday to meet with the guys from Drivven.

We're staying at the Hilton and I at least will be at The Ginger Man Sunday evening.

Ed

I'll be with the JKI team as always Sunday to Friday Morning. I suggest you all track me on twitter here. It will be a lot easier now that I have my iPhone. I'll be twittering very often on my whereabouts during NIWeek. This year is going to be crazy for me.

Also, one of the issues with doing presentations at NIWeek is no matter what I do, the presentation will never live up to attendee expectations. That's a fact I have to accept. So if you want to come and see how some of the cool UI features in VIPM were done, come on over.

No Twitter here. In fact the only thing keeping my cell phone in one piece is the wire to the display and piece of duct tape. (Yeah I'll get a new one...but this one still works) <br /><br />Not sure how high everyone else's expectations are. But I remember seeing presentations of yours years ago and I thought they were great. I'm looking forward to seeing this one at NI Week.

I'll be there Saturday through Thursday.

I'm staying at the Residence Inn and the usual nightly activities.

Saturday Night: No Plans Yet Get In after 10PM

Sunday Night: Ginger Man

Monday Night: No Plans Yet

Tuesday Night: LAVA BBQ

Wednesday Night: NI Party

-jeffery

Jeffery G. Benson

I'll be there Sunday through Saturday.

I'm staying at the Radisson.

Sunday Night: Concerts in the Park/Ginger Man

Monday Night: Alliance Day Party

Tuesday Night: LAVA BBQ

Wednesday Night: NI Party

Thursday Night: San Antonio

Friday Night: no idea yet

Cheers,

Heiko

QUOTE (Ed Dickens @ Jul 29 2008, 05:20 PM)

I'll be there Saturday through Friday.

I'm taking the new LVOOP class sunday and Monday and I'm heading down to San Antonio Firday to meet with the guys from Drivven.

We're staying at the Hilton and I at least will be at The Ginger Man Sunday evening.

Ed

I'm there.

Monday Night: Partying.

Tuesday Night: BBQ/Partying.

Wednesday Night: Partying.

Thursday Night: Partying. (Going home the next morning).

-src

I was just about to ask what this "Gingerman" thing was. But I looked it up first.

Ooooo.....beer. I think I'm going to have to visit that place.

I do see a few beers that aren't on their list though. That's the "strongest beer in the world" brewed right near where I live in Oakville. 14,15, and 16% and that's not distilled or fortified.

If I decide to actually bring carry-on luggage, I may try and bring a few bottles down with me.

QUOTE (mballa @ Jul 23 2008, 11:50 PM)

If you see a guy that looks like this with an LAVA button and big smile on his face please say HI I love meeting other members.

My boss just gave me a load of these to give away at NI WEEK.

post-584-1217625967.png?width=400

So now if you find me you can have a handy dandy 2 blade screwdriver

Hmmm... I wonder what JKI will be giving away this year. :rolleyes: