Data Logging with LabView/.NET

Hello all,

I've been working on a small project for school over the past few weeks that I would like to share with you. For lack of a better name, I called it "LEMR" (LabView Experiment Monitoring and Reporting). Basically, I wrote a .NET DLL that is wrapped by some LabView VI's; the DLL is able to access web services (via SOAP/WSDL) to log your labview data to a server. The other part of the project is an ASP.NET website that accesses the database (where the services store your data), and presents the data through a nice, clean interface. Bonus: the VI's/DLL/website can be set up to use Active Directory authentication, so if your workplace runs a windows network, you can use the same credentials as you would to log onto your computer.

I thought I would post here to see if anyone else would be interested in using such a project. If I get some positive responses, I'm going to open-source the code for the project on Sourceforge or CodePlex.

What do you all think? Is this something that others would find useful? The reason I wrote the program is because some of the research buildings at school have tons of LabView terminals, but everyone still has to share their data via thumbdrives and email (well, not any more).

Thanks for the replies. I checked the code repository and didn't see anything quite like my project in there, so I'll make sure to post the code up when I'm done with the project (probably within the next week).

After that if people check out the code, and it's useful to others, I'll probably open-source it so that it can be maintained and added on to.

• 2 months later...

QUOTE (profquail @ Jul 29 2008, 04:16 PM)

Thanks for the replies. I checked the code repository and didn't see anything quite like my project in there, so I'll make sure to post the code up when I'm done with the project (probably within the next week).

After that if people check out the code, and it's useful to others, I'll probably open-source it so that it can be maintained and added on to.

Did you put this in to the code respository? I am also interested in this and your solution may be very helpful. I can supply an email privately if you dont want use the code repository!!

Many Thanks,

Neil.