Print Quality of Picture Control's Image

Hello:

When printing a LabVIEW front panel with an embedded picture control, the picture control's image quality is seriously reduced and appears fuzzy. In my case I am using the picture control as a report builder because it allows aligning text vertically.

. . . . Any thoughts on how to get the picture control to output clean/sharp PDF or printed images of itself?

Attached is a sample of the report. The header is a picture control while the rest are LabVIEW controls

Thanks

Anthony

QUOTE (alukindo @ Jul 31 2008, 12:00 AM)

. . . . Any thoughts on how to get the picture control to output clean/sharp PDF or printed images of itself?

I recall running across a 3rd party purchasable module for LabVIEW that would let you write PDF's. Unfortunately, I don't recall where I found it or what it was called at the moment. Sorry that I don't have more information at the moment.

As for printing the picture control, I assume you're converting the picture data to a bmp, jpg or similar for printing. You may be seeing the resolution of the picture control; is there a way to make the picture control larger and then print more dpi? You may also be seeing the result of conversion to a lossy file format (which jpg is).

I expect your code is huge to produce that image. Can you post your printing routine?

Tim

QUOTE (alukindo @ Jul 30 2008, 10:00 PM)

Anthony,

You should be able to adjust your print options. PDF uses JPEG compression for embedded images. Specifically, Adobe Distiller (I assume you are printing to "Adobe PDF") uses "Medium" compression for its "standard" print option. You have a host of options available in the print properties dialog. I trust that you can find a solution that will provide a nice compromise between image quality and file size.

have a nice day,

-H