Help, Object(s) visible in several tabs

QUOTE (Xrockyman @ Jul 31 2008, 09:54 AM)

I have a simple question, in a front panel is it possible to make visible an object in several tabs of the same tab control? There are several objects that I want to repeat and I think repeating the same code is not a optimized solution.

Tanks and regards,

You could place the control on top of the tab, rather than within it, and then it would be visible on all tabs. If you need to hide it for some tabs, you can use the "Visible" property to hide it only when necessary.

Another approach would be to use two tab controls; a large one containing the common items, and a smaller one with the individual tabs. Place the smaller one in front of, and on top of, the larger one. Hide the tabs for the larger, background one, so it looks like there's only one tab control (you might need to play with colors and transparency, but it's probably doable). Make the larger background one an indicator, and set its value based on the value of the front one.

QUOTE (ned @ Jul 31 2008, 03:06 PM)

You could place the control on top of the tab, rather than within it, and then it would be visible on all tabs. If you need to hide it for some tabs, you can use the "Visible" property to hide it only when necessary.

Another approach would be to use two tab controls; a large one containing the common items, and a smaller one with the individual tabs. Place the smaller one in front of, and on top of, the larger one. Hide the tabs for the larger, background one, so it looks like there's only one tab control (you might need to play with colors and transparency, but it's probably doable). Make the larger background one an indicator, and set its value based on the value of the front one.

Thanks for your quick reply,

Your first solution seems to be the best on. I understand how to make the object disapear playing with his property node and the tab control but I can't put the object on top of the tab, it stays allways inside! I tried to select the option "Move to front" but It stays allways inside:(

Thanks and regards,

Sylvain

QUOTE (Xrockyman @ Jul 31 2008, 10:16 AM)

Your first solution seems to be the best on. I understand how to make the object disapear playing with his property node and the tab control but I can't put the object on top of the tab, it stays allways inside! I tried to select the option "Move to front" but It stays allways inside:(

Thanks and regards,

Sylvain

You can't drag and drop the object over a tab control to be on front of it, you will need to put the object on the side of the tab control and move it with the arrow key on your keyboard you will see a black boarder apper under the object. The object need to be at front with "Move to front".

I hope that help

Dany

QUOTE (Xrockyman @ Jul 31 2008, 10:16 AM)

Thanks and regards,

Sylvain

Place the object outside the tab control and use the arrow keys to move it in place. Don't drag-and-drop or it will be inserted in the tab control.

EDIT: SAME THOUGHT, TOO LATE!

QUOTE (normandinf @ Jul 31 2008, 03:47 PM)

Place the object outside the tab control and use the arrow keys to move it in place. Don't drag-and-drop or it will be inserted in the tab control.

EDIT: SAME THOUGHT, TOO LATE!

Thanks it worked! And because the object is out of the tab it stayed with a cool shadow:)

Regards,

Sylvain

QUOTE (Xrockyman @ Jul 31 2008, 11:01 AM)

Thanks it worked! And because the object is out of the tab it stayed with a cool shadow:)

The shadow is just there to remind you that it's above the container (tab control) - it should go away when you run the VI.